• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New 1500 hour rule first affected

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well the problem is Bubba, the two previous Houston mayors were perfectly happy to extract enormous sums from Continental to build a huge airport under the pretext that Denver was legitimate and that IAH would be the marketplace. We built a lot of gates at IAH for all sorts of airlines to come in and compete. SWA is building five total, and 4 are SWA only?! Yeah, that's competition, in your world.
Where did CAL get it's gates in EWR? OOps, don't want to dig up that little nugget in CAL history! (Hint - they were swiped from an airline whose airplanes has two blue stripes on the outsides and valiant men of honor on the inside).

No wavey. You're a chicken $hit hiding behind a keyboard, you're also a PFT troll who couldn't get hired anywhere else so he had to buy his job. How hypocritical, taking one of those outsourced jobs, you ********************ing sellout. If you really had any balls, you'd have told them to stuff that rj job, but you didn't. Why, because you're a sellout. Because of sellouts like you and swapa, we have "LCC's" who paid lower and had lousy benefits and no retirement. Enjoy your stagnation, and pray to whoever you call God you don't get furloughed again, cause its looking pretty bleak over at PFT land! Looks like your next job will be handing out favors at truck stops, instead of airports. Sellout!

Somebody bled through the maxi pad again...

Where did CAL get it's gates in EWR? OOps, don't want to dig up that little nugget in CAL history! (Hint - they were swiped from an airline whose airplanes has two blue stripes on the outsides and valiant men of honor on the inside).
not to mention the stealing of blue strips computer reservation system.

Yeah, uh, none of that. But I wouldn't mind if ALPA decided to assess us all [whatever amount] to sue the crap out of Gary and SWAPA on behalf of AirTran pilots. Best money I could spend...

Serious Dude

You have a problem , you need to seek help. You have a sickness .

I am just trying to help you out.

not to mention the stealing of blue strips computer reservation system.

I think you two have confused Eastern with Peoples Express... Don't know how, but I'm not surprised.

*FL did a lot of bad stuff!! I'm not sure how you guys do this, but too many of you completely forget that CAL and TI pilots also struck and fought Frank. What's being done here is really a different animal.

Last edited:
Let's all just wait and see before we rule on my diagnosis, ok? It's not going to take long now. Another airline, or multiple airlines, or airlines from South of the border are going to be snubbed at HOU and it will be SWA behind the scenes. I already see some airspace changes in the works, and the C&BP situation is changing. The terminal was the easy part, now Gary has to keep the competition out.

Last edited:
Let's all just wait and see before we rule on my diagnosis, ok? It's not going to take long now. Another airline, or multiple airlines, or airlines from South of the border are going to be snubbed at HOU and it will be SWA behind the scenes. I already see some airspace changes in the works, and the C&BP situation is changing. The terminal was the easy part, now Gary has to keep the competition out.

Are you for real .

What do you think Mexico , S Amer. Cen. Amer. care. about ?

It's low fare, lots of business and leisure travelers .

Not how much money there local airline can make .

I am sure Houston has. CC. Thats community college . You might want to take a class . Your GED. Is not cutting it .

As you have said may times you would fly basically for free to put the hurt on SWA. What you should do is start a petition w the New UAL pilots to work for free for the next 10 years w a promises from your CEO to go after SWA.

I am sure you will become very popular :)

Easy breezy your pay is set and most would not even care about how the new senority list goes .

Last edited:
Good god. I have not come on in while . This thread has turned pretty nasty .

After reading scoots and flops posts, I am glad I have a remote starter for my truck, and and a conceal carry permit . :)

I might be a bit institutionalized having worked this long at a legacy. Or, maybe it's because you SWA guys work at the airline equivalent of a Rogers and Hammerstein stage production? We sound different, but no one is in physical danger. Except for maybe how screwed up everything is going to be around Cancun and Cozumel when you guys start flying there. All Gary has to do is start preaching some "warrier spirit" speak and you guys will taxi at 50 knots, start fibbing about your speed/altitude, cancelling IFR or begging for outlandish visuals. I swear that's the nicest thing about flying down there: Everybody shares the airspace. I hope you guys don't act like fools on these new routes, but I'm not holding my breath.

Are you for real .

What do you think Mexico , S Amer. Cen. Amer. care. about ?

It's low fare, lots of business and leisure travelers .

Not how much money there local airline.

It's obvious you don't know much about the airline business South of the border. This is high revenue flying. These customers want assigned seats, food, and they don't want to ride with rif raf. You'll see no flip flops and tank tops apart from the US customers you bring in. Remember too that it didn't take passengers long to figure out all they had to do was buy two tickets and they basically got around the meat of the WA. It'll be no different at HOU. And the passengers have to go through C&BP anyway. They will buy one ticket to HOU on Interjet, Avianca, TACA, LAN, COPA, etc. and buy another on SWA out of HOU. The only thing stopping it at the moment is you've only allowed one gate for them.
*Trust me, that scenario is going to play out. Unless you're giving away the International leg, the passenger is going to want to patronize the home team as much as possible. They won't hesitate to buy a cheap ticket thru the US on SWA, but as soon as you get them back to HOU they're going to want to get back on the airplane that feels like they are already home.

Last edited:
I might be a bit institutionalized having worked this long at a legacy. Or, maybe it's because you SWA guys work at the airline equivalent of a Rogers and Hammerstein stage production? We sound different, but no one is in physical danger. Except for maybe how screwed up everything is going to be around Cancun and Cozumel when you guys start flying there. All Gary has to do is start preaching some "warrier spirit" speak and you guys will taxi at 50 knots, start fibbing about your speed/altitude, cancelling IFR or begging for outlandish visuals. I swear that's the nicest thing about flying down there: Everybody shares the airspace. I hope you guys don't act like fools on these new routes, but I'm not holding my breath.

Another rant of stupidity. :rolleyes: Get's old pretty quick.

Yeah, uh, none of that. But I wouldn't mind if ALPA decided to assess us all [whatever amount] to sue the crap out of Gary and SWAPA on behalf of AirTran pilots. Best money I could spend...

Too late. We're already letting the freak flag fly - We're suing ourselves and taking Gary and SWAPA to the arbitrator.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back