New 1500 hour rule first affected

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I disagree...here are some facts.

1. You eat correctly you stay in better shape.

2. You workout regularly, you stay in better physical and mental shape. Physical activity is actually the number one thing you can do for brain health as well when you age. Straight from "Welcome to Your Brain" by Dr. Aamodt - a neuroscientist.

3. You get regular rest you stay in better shape. It takes some practice flying to Europe and Asia but it is easily achievable once you get into your routine.

I personally would much rather fly a wide body and see some interesting destinations. When SWA and other legacies were hiring in the mid 2000s I had absolutely no desire to fly a 737 for the rest of my life. A lot of military bro's of mine do fly for SWA and like it, but I wasn't interested in the least. Each to their own.

It's how you take care of yourself...has nothing to do with what airplane you fly. I've got a number of wide body buddies that could smoke 75% of any SWA fatties in a crossfit workout.

Where is Redflyer's response? Can't wait.... I may eat a sundae every once and awhile, but I do exercise (bike around AMS, walk around the seine river in Paris, etc) and I usually get a good sleep on 24 hour layover, and then I get a paid 3 hour nap in the rest seat each way also. It's actually a great way to fly, and it pays more thanks to the INTL override and about 50 cents extra per hour for perdiem. Not bad. That adds up for the longer trips too.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Here it is Gen...

I think it's probably more important to workout on those long international trips because you're sitting around more. And that's not meant as a knock, it's just the facts. So if you, or Scrap are staying health..then that's a very good thing and I would applaud both of you. But not all guys do that and some look very, very tired. Especially when your beyond 60, but you HAVE to be on that widebody for the pay. Your boxed in. There are any good options to get off that plane if you need the pay. Maybe they should have planned accordingly? That's a whole 'nother debate.

I've flown with plenty of guys that have done longhaul flying (non-military), and they ALL say it takes a huge toll on your body. But to each their own. I'm glad your happy Gen.

I fly a mix of domestic and international, I have yet to eat a sundae on an international flight. Just got back from DKR yesterday, 48 hour layover at a resort with a golf course. 20 bucks to play including rental clubs and a caddy. The trip is hard to get as there are a bunch of surfers who bid DKR exclusively. I have never had a problem sleeping on international layovers or in the crew rest seat/bunk. But some guys can't handle it.

Sounds great John. Great example. Looks like you had a busy couple weeks with a few trips in a row..... ;)

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Flop, get this in your head, SWA paid for the terminal. That was the deal, SWA is sticking with their part of the obligation.

Show us another airline paying for their terminal. HOU is paying for the parking garage, the garage HOU will charge $15 a day and make billions.

UAL reneged on keeping the personnel in IAH, reneged on keeping a corporate presence.

Now, which airline has been truthful and above board?

Of course HOU will turn on those who screw them, why would they do otherwise?

You usually have good arguments, on this topic, your arguments FAIL.

Flop, get this in your head, SWA paid for the terminal. That was the deal, SWA is sticking with their part of the obligation.

Show us another airline paying for their terminal. HOU is paying for the parking garage, the garage HOU will charge $15 a day and make billions.

UAL reneged on keeping the personnel in IAH, reneged on keeping a corporate presence.

Now, which airline has been truthful and above board?

Of course HOU will turn on those who screw them, why would they do otherwise?

You usually have good arguments, on this topic, your arguments FAIL.

You left out UAL and. IND airport .

UAL. Likes to pull the rug out and run .

Question: Is Southwest ready to build its own terminals in other countries?

You mean like United has?

What's your point Flop? Are you angry that SW is paying for this terminal in Houston instead of fleecing he local citizens with long term bonds and then bailing to Chicago?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back