Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New 100 seat RJ's, I'm sure Skyw and others will fly for 50 seat rates!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flydaplane

More shiny jets coming, I'm sure they'll go to the commuters and groups like Skywest will fly them for the same wages as the 50, 70, and 90 seaters (oh yeah, they'll get 1% more for the "big iron.") What's next, 135 passenger "regional jets" flying coast to coast for a "regional" airiline at commuter wages? You guys need to demand more $ for more seats. You're not only screwing yourselves, your screwing the industry.

February 19, 2007
Bombardier has added a 100 seat regional jet to its stable of passenger airliners after obtaining 38 firm orders for the new aircraft, the plane and train maker said on Monday.
Bombardier, whose shares rose 6 percent to a new year high on the announcement, said its launch of the CRJ1000 regional jet would not affect its USD$2 billion development plan for the 110-to-130-seat CSeries jet.
Bombardier, the world's third-largest civil aircraft maker, said the CRJ1000 was previously designated the CRJ900X, a stretch version of its CRJ900 aircraft.
Pierre Beaudoin, president and chief operating officer of Bombardier Aerospace, said customers had been asking for a larger regional jet.
"CSeries is an opportunity for us to get into mainline, whereas this is an extension of our lines for regional carriers," he told analysts and reporters.
The company has yet to formally decide whether it will proceed with the CSeries, an aircraft that would seat passengers five abreast, and if approved by Bombardier's board, would put the Montreal-based company into direct competition with Boeing and Airbus.
Beaudoin said Bombardier will provide another update on the CSeries at the end of March.
The CRJ1000, meanwhile, would begin service in the fourth quarter of 2009 and compete with jets such as the 98- to 106-seat Embraer 190 from Brazilian rival Embraer.
The CRJ1000 would be 3 metres longer than the CRJ900 and offer improvements such as a larger overhead storage bin for carry-on luggage, bigger windows and better interior lighting, Beaudoin said. The aim was also to lower the jet's operating costs by 15 percent over previous models.
Development costs for the CRJ1000 would be about USD$300 million over three years, to be financed from the company's cash flow, Beaudoin added. He estimated market potential for the jet at 400 units over 20 years.
The company indicated that firm orders for the CRJ1000 amount to USD$1.23 billion, net of a conversion of part of a previous order for its CRJ900.
Bombardier said an undisclosed customer ordered 15 of the CRJ1000s for a list price value of about USD$704 million. Air France unit Brit Air placed a firm order for eight of the CRJ1000s for a list price value of USD$371 million.
My Way Airlines, of Italy, converted 15 of its 19 CRJ900 regional jet orders to CRJ1000s, raising the value of its original jet order to USD$857 million from USD$702 million.

What's next, 135 passenger "regional jets" flying coast to coast for a "regional" airiline at commuter wages? You guys need to demand more $ for more seats. You're not only screwing yourselves, your screwing the industry.

That's exactly what's coming! Don't expect solidarity from any pilot group at any level, much less the 'Me' generation. Look around, the industry IS already screwed. The mid-level managers on up fill their pockets at the expense of every professional pilot, and laugh while they do it.

CSeries is an opportunity for us to get into mainline, whereas this is an extension of our lines for regional carriers,"

SWEET....should i make a new column to log 100 seat time?!?

Yeah, cuz the Skywest pilots are sitting in a board meeting room right now ordering the plane and begging Bombardier to let them fly it for $10/hr. Gee, I wish I got to make those kind of decisions when I was at a commuter....I'd have shuttle time in my logbook.

:rolleyes:

Retard.

You either have a fundamental lack of understanding of how aircraft are procured (scope), or you're trying to stir the pot. I think it's the latter.

Yeah, cuz the Skywest pilots are sitting in a board meeting room right now ordering the plane and begging Bombardier to let them fly it for $10/hr. Gee, I wish I got to make those kind of decisions when I was at a commuter....I'd have shuttle time in my logbook.

:rolleyes:

Retard.

And you care because WHY.......:confused:

The very fact that you titled this thread "New 100 seat RJs..." tells me you are a fool who has bought into what management and the manufacturer wants you to believe. A 100 seat jet is a 100 seat jet. Is this any more an RJ than a E-190, a F-100, a DC-9-30?

Latest resources

Back