Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New 100 seat RJ's, I'm sure Skyw and others will fly for 50 seat rates!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, cuz the Skywest pilots are sitting in a board meeting room right now ordering the plane and begging Bombardier to let them fly it for $10/hr. Gee, I wish I got to make those kind of decisions when I was at a commuter....I'd have shuttle time in my logbook.

:rolleyes:

Retard.

Don't forget the diapers either, sugar

The very fact that you titled this thread "New 100 seat RJs..." tells me you are a fool who has bought into what management and the manufacturer wants you to believe. A 100 seat jet is a 100 seat jet. Is this any more an RJ than a E-190, a F-100, a DC-9-30?

You mean what ALPA wants you to believe?

You mean what ALPA wants you to believe?

Know what......does ALPA deserve some blame here, yes. But, I have yet to see ALPA impose a TA on a pilot group. Every piece of crap TA that I have seen in the past few years, low pay scales, bad work rules, horrible scope, etc, has been voted on and approved by the respective pilot group. We can't blame our representation for anything when we continually approve the crap they put out for vote.

My god how many times can they stretch that thing. I didn't think you could stretch a turd. I think thats how it went

You guys need to demand more $ for more seats. You're not only screwing yourselves, your screwing the industry.

Sir,

Regional airline pilots are only screwing the industry because the "major" airline pilots are allowing them to. Not trying to stir the pot, but the regional airline is in exsistance only because you have allowed it. Gone are the days when you will strike over the issue. Gone are the days when you will give up a part of your wages to get the regional pilots on your seniority list. In other words you sir are as much a part of the ME generation that you accuse regional pilots to be part of.

The way to but the cat back in the bag will have to come from you, the mighty major airline pilot. Many ideas have been presented and no doubt talked about in cockpits and crewrooms accross the country. But as much as the 22 year old CFI wants that CRJ you just want to make sure you get your paycheck.

As much as it will hurt you in your contract you are going to have to fix this, much like your predeceesors fixed the B and C scales. As much as you won't like you are going to have to change your tactics.

What if all the aircraft that had "Delta" on the tail was actually flown by "Delta" pilots. Imagine how little managment would have during neg. if we actually did stand together as one.

So what's the problem, Why should a Mesaba pilot deserve a NWA senority number, after all you had to earn it. It's the you vs. them mentality, and as long as that's out their we ALL OF US will continue to ruin the industry together....

Sir,

Regional airline pilots are only screwing the industry because the "major" airline pilots are allowing them to. Not trying to stir the pot, but the regional airline is in exsistance only because you have allowed it. Gone are the days when you will strike over the issue. Gone are the days when you will give up a part of your wages to get the regional pilots on your seniority list. In other words you sir are as much a part of the ME generation that you accuse regional pilots to be part of.

Amen bro.....amen!

Sir,

The way to but the cat back in the bag will have to come from you, the mighty major airline pilot. Many ideas have been presented and no doubt talked about in cockpits and crewrooms accross the country. But as much as the 22 year old CFI wants that CRJ you just want to make sure you get your paycheck.

As much as it will hurt you in your contract you are going to have to fix this, much like your predeceesors fixed the B and C scales. As much as you won't like you are going to have to change your tactics.

What if all the aircraft that had "Delta" on the tail was actually flown by "Delta" pilots. Imagine how little managment would have during neg. if we actually did stand together as one.

So what's the problem, Why should a Mesaba pilot deserve a NWA senority number, after all you had to earn it. It's the you vs. them mentality, and as long as that's out their we ALL OF US will continue to ruin the industry together....

This is one of the best posts ever on this board. Don't expect any kind of reply. The guilty parties will be remain predictably silent

That's exactly what's coming! Don't expect solidarity from any pilot group at any level, much less the 'Me' generation. Look around, the industry IS already screwed. The mid-level managers on up fill their pockets at the expense of every professional pilot, and laugh while they do it.

it could be argued the 'Me' generation is the old fart, poor retirement planning (3 legged stool folks, not 2) baby boomers who just whined their way into age 60 being studied and perhaps repealed. they will then suck social security dry so our 3 legged stool really will be a 1 legged stool (as pensions and social security will go bye bye).

Last edited:
You guys need to demand more $ for more seats. You're not only screwing yourselves, your screwing the industry.

Ridgeback has it exactly right. I asked Hank Duffy!(1986) about "these jets" when the CRJ was still on paper being pitched to those "new code sharing commuter airlines" and he said " we(ALPA) are not interested in flying these 'small jets' ".
You "pros" started the SJS but it was the SBIG JS. Thinking "wide bodies" for every one. YOU put that 'blade' in the whipsaw management uses so well now.

Latest resources

Back