• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Unrest Puts Warren Buffett in a Rare Pinch

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NJAOwner may be right, but these "results" may be shortsighted. Today I had in in depth conversation with a large share holder. He was really disappointed with the interior of the C350, with the exception of the galley. Ultimately he's saying goodbye to his large cabin share (he loves Gulfstream products and was reading the FT bombardier article today), and keeping is XL share for short hops.

Which aircraft actually contribute more to the bottom line again? Guess BRK should look at the results again and perhaps they'd see that the reduction injecting owner expectations will ultimately hurt their "current" bottom line numbers.

I totally understand your point but look at the numbers. In the first 13 or 14 years after BRK purchased NetJets, when you all say you were giving best in class service and had happy owners, you returned virtually nothing back BRK on their investment. Now you say Netjets is wildly profitable at the same time you say JH and WB are ruining the company. There is a bit of a disconnect there. Look, I want First Class service when I travel on SWA and don't want to see any perks taken away. That doesn't necessarily mean I'm willing to pay for them at any cost. NetJets' owners deserve the best service you can give them, but there are financial realities to running a business. Be happy your company is now generating significant profit and should be in a position to increase your wages. It doesn't matter how happy your owners are if that doesn't eventually translate into money on the bottom line.

I'm not saying you shouldn't picket nor put out union position adds. You should. But don't get carried away and think you're putting the screws to Warren. You're at best a mild irritant and a small blip in his day.

Last edited:
Interesting to hear another pilot is leaving for Delta. You know it is one thing when FO's are leaving for greener pastures, but Captains ? I got a call this week out the blue from another pilot who says he is ready to leave, what advice could I give him? I don't take this lightly. I guess Jordan is busy trying to reset his Captain ratio and his FO salary base to 1st year new hires. The question is "Can the operation survive this"? Where is the tipping point? Working your existing Captains at 125% with brand new First Officers seems like a dangerous game to play for the cost of a COLA raise.

I believe, given the opportunity, at least 25% of the pilots would make the same move.

The thing is every time a captain leaves NJ replaces him for less money. They look at that as a good thing. Same with flops if they could get all their highest paid pilots to leave they could replace them for cheaper help

The thing is every time a captain leaves NJ replaces him for less money. They look at that as a good thing. Same with flops if they could get all their highest paid pilots to leave they could replace them for cheaper help

I agree, at least until the pilot shortage kicks in, which I hope is soon.

I agree, at least until the pilot shortage kicks in, which I hope is soon.

So your business model is to hope the pilot shortage that they have been talking about forever actually comes to fruition this time so there is less supply and more demand driving your wage up?

Man you are delusional. You either are going to fight for it or not.

You sound like you should just take an acp job.

So your business model is to hope the pilot shortage that they have been talking about forever actually comes to fruition this time so there is less supply and more demand driving your wage up?

Man you are delusional. You either are going to fight for it or not.

You sound like you should just take an acp job.

Yep, I want market forces to drive my pay up, not union coercion. Sorry.

Yep, I want market forces to drive my pay up, not union coercion. Sorry.

Good luck with that.

Let me ask you this why do you think the company sent out the proposal that was concessionary in every section? Do you believe you should be paid less? Have less sick days? Have less time off? Have to pay for healthcare?

This is what they out in writing as the selling points. What do you think the fine print says?

Latest resources

Back