• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets To Picket

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Got a HOT real Estate listing................

7829 Lambton Park Rd.
New Albany, OH 43054

Bought September 2009 $$1.2 million
For sale $1.29million

Looks like an "executive" neighborhood.

There's another home I'm looking at buying also, just around the corner.. may be a little more affordable

One down two to go maybe?

One down two to go maybe?

I know 1/2 bought his/her house in Spring 2010. Maybe waiting for the 2 year cap. gains tax limit to expire?? Not that they would make all that much on a sale anyways.........

Or just waiting for the final shoe to drop??

Only 1 thing we need to know about the 3 minute meeting. It wasn't Luthi and Co. who wanted it to end abruptly with nothing getting accomplished...

The EMT is searching for anything they can pin on the Union to deflect attention from the fact they are not getting the job done... They are passing their propoganda message along to anyone who will listen. Which will probably be limited to only people like screen readers, the cleaners, and maybe a few people that take care of the expense reports.

And again, there is only 1 denominator that has changed over the last 6-7 years... The EMT.... I think in this case it is prudent to realize and understand that all else being somewhat equal, the EMT is the one who is rocking the boat but they don't have a life jacket(sales) to back it up. Maybe if they were actually showing improvements they would have a leg to stand on, but to this point they have accomplished nothing to make NJA better besides do some obvious things that any line pilot could have thought of or already has..

very well sad

Got a HOT real Estate listing................

7829 Lambton Park Rd.
New Albany, OH 43054

Bought September 2009 $$1.2 million
For sale $1.29million

Looks like an "executive" neighborhood.

There's another home I'm looking at buying also, just around the corner.. may be a little more affordable

He may be moving on someday, perhaps even soon. But that ISN'T why the house is for sale.

Unfortunately I agree with you...

For the sake of discussion....
Why not sell it?? Why shrink it and decrease it's resale value?

I'm sure there's some financial wizardry I don't know about, but 1 thing I do know is not to purchase something that is decreasing in value. (except an automobole of course, then again my first auto was a 1967 Camaro that I sold for more than I bought it, 3 years later)

Can anyone explain why BRK simply won't sell it. Especially when the rumor was RTS wanted it back at some point. Pride??

Hang in there Nordo, the one thing I don't think is going to happen is another furlough (gut feeling). If they have had plans to shrink this place I believe they would have furloughed already due to the "shrinkage plan". As it stands they "plan" on taking more planes later next year and into 2013, Plus 2016 and beyond. The time for furloughing is coming to an end IMO. Remember that window (18 months) a furlough would have to be in effect to be worth the $$...

Of course that's subject to change whenever Jordo, Billy, and Shane the Pain decide to piss into the wind. YES GOOSE, THAT WAS FOR YOU.

The answer is that there aren't any buyers for a company where liabilities exceed the fair value of assets. The Netjet tax liability is over $640 million and the contingent liability to owners for buyback obligations, while going down, is still probably close to $2 billion. Travel Air's was almost $600 million when they were sold to Flight Options by Raytheon. Berkshire would have to bring a lot of cash to the table to sell the thing.

Fractional companies aren't worth anything to anybody except the employees. The capital expenditures are massive and the contingent liabilities for buy back of shares is a huge negative. Warren has said on several occasions he made a mistake.

Oh do tell!!

Another reason houses tend to go for sale is divorces..... Maybe the Mrs. is sick of his BS also?

He told me why when I asked him point blank. It isn't because he's leaving. I've known him for 12 years and I believe him. And BTW,

It's NOYFB.

He told me why when I asked him point blank. It isn't because he's leaving. I've known him for 12 years and I believe him. And BTW,

It's NOYFB.
Got your defensive pants on, I see.....

It's NOYFB.

If it's none of our business, why would you post about it on a public message board?

Look at me!!! I'm so special!!! Look at me!!!!

Latest resources

Back