• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets - The final stop?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Money isn't my primary concern, but the opportunity is still greater at the majors. That being said I gladly earn 120k to work 9 days a month compared to working 15 days a month for 160k.
Take a 2-month unpaid LOA every year. All the time off you need, all in one block.

I agree with what Kman says. Senior flying at any of the majors is a better job. More stable? Not necessarily. Now what airlines can you get senior in a reasonable amount of time? SWA, FEX, UPS. Anything else is a pretty big gamble.

Now if your willing to give up some money and stability, to each their own....I would rather sit right seat in a 767 international for 100k a year then fly NJA for 120k, any more then that, the money talks.

I get it. Big airplanes are cool, if given a choice I would fly one. Trip trading, picking your destinations, who you fly with, planning things on the road, I would love it all. If someone is willing to give up some money early on for that, and pretty sure they will make it up in 25 years, go for it.

I'm making too much money to leave, the money is enough to provide what I want in life and my wife doesn't work now, but will be again once the kids are older. I have a family and gave up the 747-400 dream for them, and was happy to do it. But I still long for them every time I see them on 28R at SFO.

A SWA friend of my Lives is his hometown, averages 19.7 days off a month and with vacation it drops down 22 days off a month. He can do day trips for a couple of months, longer coast to coast stuff or just drop most of his schd, and fly 3 days for the entire month. He still pulled in 170k last year and was home every single night of the year except for a couple mx issues that overnighted him somewhere other than home. I know things can change but When I think of great schedules and QOL he has it.

And how long has he been there?? What base Hou DAL just curious would love that QOL but don't think it exists for "or generation".

Jungle Jet

Will you elaborate on the "super military friendly" comment?

I'll field this question. NetJets is without a doubt, "Super military friendly". I have never had a problem getting time off for drills, active duty, etc..

Not only that, the company takes time to send care packages and other stuff to those over in the sandbox.

Cav Pilot

Do you just simply tell them (fax in your orders) that you are going to miss a trip (assuming you are on 7n7) because you are on orders? Basically, how does it work?

BengalsFan,

First off, being from Cincinnati, it is getting harder to root for the Bengals...I still like watching them but they are normally losing.

My bro has been with NJA for about 7 years and has NEVER had a problem getting off for mil leave and the fact that they "bring up" your pay if you make less in the military is freaking awesome! If I recall, while my brother and I were deployed to the desert in 2003, he got a letter from Santulli that was hand signed. (I am pretty sure it was)

Plus, the most prominant item in the NJA CMH lobby is a Blue Star Flag with all the names of those who served or are serving in OIF.

Says a lot to me...

I agree that it would be really cool to have a "senior" schedule of 5 on 7 off or something like that to reward the guys that have been here a while. I was talking the other day with a guy about an idea to work half time for 40% of your salary and you pay contributions toward your benefits. Not sure if that could ever happen because it would be hard for the company to get a good ROI on their investment in your training, but it's worth talking about.

In my opinion, the 7/7 schedule at NJA is the best thing going for real QOL. I like to take my days off in large blocks and I always know my schedule a YEAR in advance. It's great. The immediate QOL that NJA offers as a new hire is hard to beat. Not to mention I can live almost anywhere I want and move as often as my short attention span necessitates.

There is also a lot to be said for enjoying flying again. I absolutely love the flying here. Small airports, big airports, uncontrolled, resort destinations, challenging approaches, no hub and spoke crap. No tour is the same. It's great. Airlines are great at sucking the fun out of flying.

This place isn't for everybody and it certainly isn't perfect, but the bottom line is this is my dream job and I'm not going anywhere. Fedex or SWA would be cool for the extrea $$ and a little more time off; but there is so much more to this job that I like that those companies can't offer.

The Not-so-typical Netjets week.

4 flights. 2 revenue and 2 repos.

5 pax total. 1 flight with no catering....easy.

The shortest flight was 4.9 miles (SMO-LAX).

The longest was a transcon (BUR-TEB).

4 airline flights. One, 1 hour delay (SWA), two, 3 hour delays (UAL, AA), and one on time departure. A first class ticket on a transcon.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back