• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets - The final stop?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm 27 and been here about 2.5 years and am not sure if this is the place to hang my hat yet.

I really wish there was a better schd for the senior guys. At age 40 I would have 13 yrs of seniority and need still be on the 7n7. Seniority of a 13 yr guy and 20 year guy is the same, besides a/c and vacation the best schd you will fly will be 7n7. And right now Im still about 1-2 years away from upgrading.

If there was a premium schd lets say 5 on 7 off for the top 5 percent I would stay in a heartbeat.
If the right major calls, I think I will leave and take my shot. The flexibility (dropping, trading, picking up), possibility of a great schd (18 to 21 days off a month), workload that is 3 to 4 times less than what I m and doing now, will convince me to leave.

Don’t take me wrong guys this is a great job, but I'm not sure it’s the place for me. I have 35 plus years to give, I want great QOL, netjets just doesn't offer enough yet for me to want to put in 20 years. If income all being the same 20 years at almost any major (assuming I don't get laid off) will provide me with ability to control my schedule with up to 6 days off more a month than nja.

It may take me 20 years to get to where I have 18 plus days off, day trips if I like, dropping my 2 of my 4 four 3 day trips so I only work 6 days the entire month, but if i plan financially , and be lucky enough not to be furloughed. after 20 years at I could reduce my schd for less income and be happy flying only a couple days a month. I know this may all be a pipe dream, but I haven't lost all my hope just yet.

Right now I rather be a 20 yr captain a the right major than a 20 year captain at nja.

Last edited:
At age 40 I would have 13 yrs of seniority and need still be on the 7n7.

Well that's me!! Speaking from your future(or not), life is very good. Hard to argue with 4 weeks vacation on the 7/7 schedule. (Now that being said, if they offer more, I'll be the first in line!!) What I can say is..I know I would not trade my seniority for any equal at ANY airline. Having the ability to know your schedule a year in advance is priceless! But to each his own. And FWIW, I passed on a major airline offer in 1999 and it was the best decision I've ever made! I would have spent 7 years on furlough!!

Last edited:
I know a lot of guys that have been at a major for 13 years, 8 of which were on furlough. They work a lot more days per month than I do.

7n7 with 4 wks vacation averages 13.8 days/month.

Not to mention the ability to move wherever you want, and still not have to commute on your own time.

Right now I live in Florida. Next year, maybe I'd like to move to Oregon? Or maybe back to New England? I have lots of choices of places to work out of; much more than any airline.

Unless you live at your airline domicile, and plan to do so for the rest of your career, consider how much of your personal time your commute may consume. (I commuted for years thanks to CommutAir closing so many bases; it was a real pain in the ass.)

Not to say you might still like life better at an airline, but a 5-day airline trip with an early report, late release, and a commute on each end, really isn't much different than one of our 7/7 tours, except we're getting paid/credited for our travel days. Just food for thought.

After 5 yrs a 3 week vacation every 4 months

After 10 yrs a 3 week vacation every 3 months

I think we also still get 12 sick days a year, not sure if that changed with the new contract though.

Hey guys... let people leave who want to... that leaves more room for those of us who plan on Netjets as our future! ;0)

I think we also still get 12 sick days a year, not sure if that changed with the new contract though.

You might want to go ahead and read that new contract you (I assume) voted on; it's kind of important. ;)

Briefly, yes, we still accrue one day a month. Section 10 has the details.

You might want to go ahead and read that new contract you (I assume) voted on; it's kind of important. ;)

Briefly, yes, we still accrue one day a month. Section 10 has the details.

All of those new acranyms PBS PBA ABC, IBB :) confused me, I'm going to have to wait for the cliff notes version.

Latest resources

Back