NetJets Strike Passes By 93%

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
capnflyright said:
Just an honest question here. Can NJA start another company which doesn't have union representation and transfer the aircraft and owners over to the new company?

Yes. Essentially the company could be shut down for 1 day, then come back with a different name. Then they would go to the pilots they want back, pay them a decent wage, try to fix the issues, and continue to grow.

Some guy said:
Yes. Essentially the company could be shut down for 1 day, then come back with a different name. Then they would go to the pilots they want back, pay them a decent wage, try to fix the issues, and continue to grow.

This company has barely the talent to maintain NORMAL daily operations. What makes you think that they could even print business cards with a new logo without F'ing it up?

Anything ABNORMAL throws this company into a tailspin.

G4 - Don't understand you at all. You seem to really dislike us for some reason. The pilots here at NetJets pose no threat to you at all. You have the far superior job, one we must really want. And if we were to get a really good contract, well, you just go the boss when your contract comes up and say, "Hey, you gotta pay me more than those damn Teamster bums!" So, just root for us. I understand you dislike Unions, but sometimes they do serve a purpose. This Union is nothing more than a few pilots (in this case 2200 of them) saying we want a fair shake. We all work hard, pass the checkride every six months and get that Physical too.

FLYLOW22 said:
This company has barely the talent to maintain NORMAL daily operations. What makes you think that they could even print business cards with a new logo without F'ing it up?

Anything ABNORMAL throws this company into a tailspin.

If true, What does that say about you and your decision to work here?

Lets talk about the union being able to conduct 'simple' things such as taking a strike vote without screwing it up to the point that 400 of your own union brothers didnt get a ballot?!?!

It's been four days now and no one has been able to answer the simple question I raised about the union's excuse that it was the old local's bad contact list. I'll repeat it again...

FamilyGuy said:
I see the union spinmeisters are out in force to try and explain why 400 of their own didnt participate in the recent strike vote.

you guys are trying hard but there is still something that doesnt ring true in the latest 'explanation'....

if its the old contact list from local 284 that's to blame for the 'no votes' then why was everyone able to vote in the election for a new MEC?

Everyone was able to cast a vote in the election of a new MEC, yet something happened to the list in the intervening 9 months?

The silence is deafening.

Family Guy -

The problem boils down to the fact that most of us don't give a rat's rear-end what you think. Thus we ignore most of your ignorant posts on this board. The only reason I responded to this one was that it was a good opportunity to taunt you.

You guys crack me up!

FamilyGuy said:
If true, What does that say about you and your decision to work here?

Lets talk about the union being able to conduct 'simple' things such as taking a strike vote without screwing it up to the point that 400 of your own union brothers didnt get a ballot?!?!

It's been four days now and no one has been able to answer the simple question I raised about the union's excuse that it was the old local's bad contact list. I'll repeat it again...

The silence is deafening.

Yes, it is the little problems that the Union can't fix. They are more of a negative entity than one that wants to work toward a solution any issue. What did happen to the other 400 members?

Have you got the concept that you are going to get a good increase, but not a corp. NBAA wage? If that is what you want you should go get a Corp. job, or be on call 24/7 and the additional duties that go with it.

How is it going with AK47 man and the sleeping pilots? And when it comes to distortions of the truth, Steward Steve has to be the most amazing fictional writer in the world.

The Owners speak with one voice and say that the pilots are perfect, wonderful and the most incredible aviators even though they sleep while flying, bring violence to work, and blame the company for all the evils of the world? It would be interesting to see what Owners you were speaking to, if at all. But then that is what the Union does best. Lie and blame everything on the company and the brothers, sisters and union angels can do no wrong.

By the way, how is it going with AK47Man? Have you started passing around flyers of your hero to Owners? Does he have his AK in the picture? Remember he is a brother and can do no wrong!

You guys crack me up!

The troll said:

The Owners speak with one voice and say that the pilots are perfect, wonderful and the most incredible aviators even though they sleep while flying, bring violence to work,

The only violence I remeber in the last five years was a screen reader who put his fist through the wall and had little melt downs every time I talked to him on the phone. :)

I wonder what breach of professional ethics troll is commiting by bringing his inside company information to this forum. It might be time for a call to the Berkshire Hotline, he is either being fed this information or is related to some very well positioned managers. Either way, it's an ethical breach. I'm sure Flightinfo won't hide your identity when faced with BKA's laywers.

Yes I think it's time to make that call.

Interesting but irrel

Interesting but irrelevant:

I think that a pilot in uniform shooting a semi-automatic weapon with the intent of threatening the company, making a video of it and sharing it with the Union is violence in the workplace. As did the authorities! I am not aware of the incident of which you speak. How many years ago was that?

Latest resources

Back