NetJets Smoking Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Clarence

I am considering applying to NetJets and hear nothing but positives. I did see on the company website that client smoking is allowed. Has anyone experienced this and if so, how much does it bother you? Thanks

It's been my experience that most of our owners do not smoke. Only a few do, and out of those, a very very very small handful actually smoke real bad. We do have smokeless ashtrays onboard and it helps some. Usually after a flight like that, the aircraft get professionally cleaned if they stink. Again, its been rare for me to have a problem and I don't smoke.

It's been my experience that most of our owners do not smoke. Only a few do, and out of those, a very very very small handful actually smoke real bad. We do have smokeless ashtrays onboard and it helps some. Usually after a flight like that, the aircraft get professionally cleaned if they stink. Again, its been rare for me to have a problem and I don't smoke.

Do the "smokeless ashtrays" (when onboard apparently) protect you from the unsupervised smoker/drinker who falls asleep while smoking? I'm surprised you guys didn't get that banned when negotiating your contract... The "very few" you claim to have witnessed doesn't negate the fact that it is part of the job...a dangerous one at that...and shouldn't be downplayed. (The excessive customer service, excessive days away that doesn't improve with seniority, and aircraft appearance responsibilities, are already downplayed enough on the forum in addition to exaggerations of positives).
For every "positive" exaggerated, there is an equal or greater negative left untold.

There are bigger fish to fry.

It isn't that dangerous.

Do the "smokeless ashtrays" (when onboard apparently) protect you from the unsupervised smoker/drinker who falls asleep while smoking?

I don't know how old you are but a few years ago you could smoke on airliners. Pretty sure planes weren't falling out of the sky due to fallen cigarettes and stray ashes.

Owners own the plane while they're on it and if they want to smoke, procreate, drink, masterbate... whatever, they can have at it as long as it doesn't interfere with safety. Some guys can't stand the smell of smoke and they don O2 when an owner lights up. Once the owner leaves if the cabin is trashed and stinky have it professionally detailed.

For the record I smoke and nothing tastes better than a cold beer and harsh Marlboro while at 450. ;)

Last edited:
Owners own the plane while they're on it and if they want to smoke, procreate, drink, masterbate... whatever, they can have at it as long as it doesn't interfere with safety.

.... and my health.

Latest resources

Back