NetJets Sim Prep

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Beeza

I have an interview in two weeks, does anyone know of a simulator that would be good to prepare for NetJets simulator. I believe its set up like a Citation II. Thanks for the info.

I just used my old version of Flight Simulater on my laptop using the C-182 since it had the steam guages. You don't have to go out and spend any extra money to prepare. When you are actually doing the sim ride you will need to scan quickly. The control column was a bit weird when I flew it- I would put in a little correction and then go through my scan quickly just in time to realize that the little correction didn't actually do anything- I had to go a little further and ended up with a bigger correction. I'd have had a problem if my scan wasn't fast enough to catch this. What I am trying to say here is that when you make a small movement on the yoke in that sim you MUST check to make sure that it actually did something. Try not to overcorrect, but make sure small movements were big enough for the sim to detect. Good luck.

Eaglesoft software development makes a Citation SII for FS2004 that is very realistic. Many people who have interviewed already have used it and found it helpful. I have used it as well, and am hoping it pays off. I'm currently in Columbus to interview tonight and tomorrow.

jtf - that's why I recommended the Frasca. They tend to be touchy in the controls as well, so it'll give a better feel than flying a computer sim. That said, I didn't bother with it myself, and I managed to get hired in that thing.

I agree with Ultra Grump's first response. If you are comfortable on steam gauges, you'll do fine. That said, I've heard from a recent interviewee that he was given the option to fly from the left or the right seat. The left seat is steam gauges while the right seat is glass.

If it makes you feel more comfortable to spend some time and money on a sim session, then do it. But it's really not a necessity. No one that I interviewed with did any sim prep.

Good luck to you.

I'm not sure, but when I interviewed in nov they let me fly the glass side. I came from an emb-145 and the glass was the same. I had a buddy practice in a frasca and he did just fine.. good luck

Sounds good, i'll probably elect to fly from the right seat since that's the side I fly on with glass right now. I should be able to find a Frasca in STL, it's not a necessity but why not fly the profile a couple of times for peace of mind
Patience is a virtue that is needed in this process..Good Luck to all

Beeza said:
Sounds good, i'll probably elect to fly from the right seat since that's the side I fly on with glass right now. I should be able to find a Frasca in STL, it's not a necessity but why not fly the profile a couple of times for peace of mind
Patience is a virtue that is needed in this process..Good Luck to all
I used the Frasca at the pilot shop at SUS. The main advantage for myself having flown stable coupled A/C for the last ten years or more, is that it quickened my scan in a machine that didn't want to stay where you put it. That being said, I elected to fly glass from the right seat and did well enough to get the offer. NJA doesn't keep the profile a secret because I believe they want you to come prepared revealing your level of interest..they also brief you on the profile the night prior, parring you with your sim partner so again you can prepare and demonstrate your desire to be at NJA.

The glass is similar to the RJs, but if I remember right, there was no flight directer and the heading and altitude bugs are way over on the right side of the sim which makes it more difficult for the non flying pilot in the left seat to provide help. I flew the 145s for a few thousand hours before my interview and I am glad I used the steam gauges. I really think you will have a more difficult time using the right side. Good luck either way.

Latest resources

Back