• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Sim Prep

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the encouragement guys. I cut my teeth flying the the Saberliner in the Med; that & the C-26 out of Naples were my favorite tours so I know I'll love the flying at NJA.

Thanks for the tip on the software, I'll look into that.

GG, yes we are hoping for DAL. We need to stay in TX until my wife finishes grad school and will probably stay in the state long term.

Break a leg, VVJM

After reading the posts here every week and on aviationinterviews.com, you would think the sim is virtually unflyable or will fall out of the sky if you take your eyes off it. It's not that bad. In fact, if you've been hand flying jets at all, I think you'll find that things (climbs, descents, altitude errors) happen fairly slowly in there since you never get above 200 kts. Just relax, be confident, and do what you know how to do. It flies pretty well.

Have your partner run the thrust levers when you are working hard...steep turns, approach, fine tuning. Just say something like...'set 65%' or 'add 2%'. Takes a lot of workload off and shows good CRM. Also, I didn't use trim at all, kind of like a Frasca. There really are no control pressures or feedback to speak of. Brief the approach before you start, they are fine with that. If you get overwhelmed, lose positional awareness, don't know how to enter the hold, have your NFP fly for a sec while you recover.

Get to know your sim partner the night before and make a plan for callouts, checklists, etc. either that night or during interview day if you have a later slot. Lots of dead time. Good luck! I'm still waiting to hear.

Latest resources

Back