NetJets Sim Prep

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
there's more to it

Just flyin the sim well is only half of the event. I would also practice up on approach brief, CRM is a biggy, and proper call outs as well.
Good Luck

p3hawk said:
Just flyin the sim well is only half of the event. I would also practice up on approach brief, CRM is a biggy, and proper call outs as well.
Good Luck

Exactly right.

Your time as the pilot not flying is being watched just as close as when you have the controls. While nobody expects you to know NJA callouts, just use your company callouts, or whatever you brief with your partner the night before. It's probably a good idea to brief the approach on the ground before you takeoff.

I thought the sim was pretty touchy and unstable, but I was used to flying a much bigger jet at the time. Also, I came from a glass cockpit, but I opted to fly the steam gauges because the glass presentation was a bit different from my current jet. The steam gauges are old school standard, and I didn't have any problems with them. If I can do it, anybody can.

simulator

You dont mention where your taking the sim ck....... I took mine in Houston. It was in an old worn out steam gauge hawker. You couldnt do anything wrong in that machine because once you did an input, you would have to wait for something to happen !! Pretty sloppy.

As mentioned above, the sim operator is watching and listening to your co pilot dutys and call outs... cockpit resource mgmt is being looked at... Do an impressive briefing. It doesnt have to be long, just cover what your going to be doing ! If you see your partner starting to fumble, call it out ...like " ck bank angle" ck speed, ... waiting for before landing ck captian .... etc dont forget to brief the missed approach (even if you arent planning on one) and brief the min safe altitude, and how your going to enter the hold. The company is really big on all those things

NJA Sim Configuration?

Totally psyched - looks like the stars are aligning & I'll finally get up to Columbus in a few weeks for the interview after swimming in the pool all summer. Don't have FlightSim & won't have time to buy any real simulator time. I'm instructing in the King Air and very comfortable in both seats and with steam guages.

Would someone please confirm that the CII sim is configured with steam gauges in the left and glass on the right?

Just want to maximize my effort in the aircraft before I go to CMH.

Thanks in advance,
VVJM265

Last edited:
Totally psyched - looks like the stars are aligning & I'll fianlly get up to Columbus in a few weeks for the interview after swimming in the pool all summer. Don't have FlightSim & won't have time to buy any real simulator time. I'm instructing in the King Air and very comfortable in both seats and with steam guages.

Would someone please confirm that the CII sim is configured with steam gauges in the left and glass on the right?

Just want to maximize my effort in the aircraft before I go to CMH.

Thanks in advanced,
VVJM265

Yes, steam gauges (or "classic") on the left and glass on the right. It was that way when I interviewed 2 years ago and it's still that way according to a friend of mine who interviewed this past summer.

Congrats and good luck. Just relax, be yourself and you'll do fine.

With the aviation background you have posted my bet is that you will think the sim is easy.

Good Luck!

Do the computer flight sim yoke microsoft 2004 sim thing. Get it cheap on Ebay and do the eagle software citaion II add on. It is a little spending but when you sit in the sim you will be as ready as possible. Worked for me I got hired.

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I cut my teeth flying the the Saberliner in the Med; that & the C-26 out of Naples were my favorite tours so I know I'll love the flying at NJA.

Thanks for the tip on the software, I'll look into that.

Are you looking for DAL as your domicile?

GG, yes we are hoping for DAL. We need to stay in TX until my wife finishes grad school and will probably stay in the state long term.

Latest resources

Back