• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets seniority

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
don't worry Fac - we're getting the job done. You just don't like that we're doing it. Tough crap.

Last time my paycheck was cashed it said netjets on it. We were told that we were "allowed in because it's the right thing to do." Ummmm we work at Netjets are you saying we aren't employees.

There are 2000 + pilots here at netjets. Of course we're going to talk about.

Oh and i love the press.

I am telling the company to get the job done. Every day I go to work. :)

Heres another example of NutJets BS!

I will keep it non-specific so that the morons on this board cant get back at the crew.

They were airlined to A. Get to the FBO and preflight the plane. The plane is broke so they are shut down a few hours later. They get to the hotel and are given a brief for the next day. Now, remember they are at airport A because the brief they get for the next day has them picking up a different plane out of a different airport over 1000 miles away and not even the airport they were supposed to go the first afternoon. They dont say anything about it because the mighty schedulers know everything and the pilots dont know the big picture.

The next morning the crew pages in that they are not at airport B but infact at airport A where they airlined in the night before. After some chaos in the puzzle palace this crew gets a call from their respective CP asking them why they didnt call in the night before to tell scheduling where they were.

Im listening to this guy and wondering why he didnt go off on the CP but he said he kept his cool. I would have ripped the CP a new one for even questioning me.

So basically we cant tell scheduling what to because we dont have the big picture but they can yell at us for not fixing some of their incredibly stupid mistakes.

Go ahead Family Guy, Dispatch or any other idiot who wants to defend those morons in scheduling.

Fracster said:

I will keep it non-specific so that the morons on this board cant get back at the crew.

The next morning the crew pages in that they are not at airport B but infact at airport A where they airlined in the night before. After some chaos in the puzzle palace this crew gets a call from their respective CP asking them why they didnt call in the night before to tell scheduling where they were.

Nah, they'll never figure out who it was.

Fracster said:

They were airlined to A. Get to the FBO and preflight the plane. The plane is broke so they are shut down a few hours later. They get to the hotel and are given a brief for the next day. Now, remember they are at airport A because the brief they get for the next day has them picking up a different plane out of a different airport over 1000 miles away and not even the airport they were supposed to go the first afternoon. They dont say anything about it because the mighty schedulers know everything and the pilots dont know the big picture.

Im listening to this guy and wondering why he didnt go off on the CP but he said he kept his cool. I would have ripped the CP a new one for even questioning me.

So basically we cant tell scheduling what to because we dont have the big picture but they can yell at us for not fixing some of their incredibly stupid mistakes.

Go ahead Family Guy, Dispatch or any other idiot who wants to defend those morons in scheduling.

I guess since I am already one of the "morons in scheduling" and an idiot, I'll respond.

There are many factors that could contribute to the situation you describe. Obviously, the biggest is a breakdown in communication between the current day schedulers and the next day schedulers. When your aircraft broke, the next day scheduler either did not get informed or got too busy and missed the change in location. Should this stuff happen? No. Does it? Yes, unfortunately. As with many of you, schedulers many times feel overworked and understaffed also. And (believe it or not) we are human and make mistakes.

Take your story and multiply it by 100 or more. You deal with one aircraft, one crew and maybe 2 or 3 owner trips a day. We deal with hundreds of aircraft, hundreds of crews and hundreds of trips a day. Each day a scheduler will have to deal with numerous situations like the one you describe. Many times they are handling numerous "incidents" simultaneously. Is that an excuse. No, but it is a contributing factor that needs to be considered before labeling someone a moron or an idiot.

It also shows that our automated briefing system has some kinks that need to be worked out. If you were briefed by a member of crew services (in person) as it had been previously, then they might have also caught the mistake. I guess that it is unfortunate that with all of the technological advances we have made that we can no longer depend on crewmembers to speak up when they receive a bogus brief anymore.

Should the scheduler(s) have caught this? Yes. Unfortunately, there is no sure fire way to prevent incidents such as this. There is no indication from the software we use that indicates that a crewmember is at or not at a certain location if you have trips assigned to your next day duty line. If you do not have trips assigned, the software does show your last location, but with trips assigned it does not.

Do we rely on the crews to help us catch mistakes like this? Certainly. At least we used to. I find it very unfortunate that we (as a company) are no longer working as a team due to the current contract situation and cannot rely on each other to help avoid mistakes rather than help facilitate them (as you did in this case). Imagine if you could not rely on your co-pilot to let you know if you missed an item on your checklist or missed a radio call or forgot to put the gear down. We are in a sad situation when we no longer look after each other and actually look for ways to make each other look bad.

I also find it ironic that you do not realize that you (along with the scheduler) are directly responsible for hosing over one (or most likely several) of your other crews that had to recover for this mistake. I'm sure those crews were very happy about that, too. Not to mention the owner(s) that were affected.

Lastly, I cannot fathom how actions such as this will have any benefit to you and your negotiations? Will something like this make management want to pay you more? Will it make the owners want to pay more for your services?

I don't think so. Then again, I am a moron and an idiot.:rolleyes:

FAcFriend said:
Cmon, diesel. You are a smart man- when employees talk about "taking her down" it becomes everyone's business. If you didnt want employees to know or be involved then why do you plan to picket in Columbus?

If you didnt want employees to be involved why did you show up at the employee meeting passing out literature. Why talk about union business in ear shot of employees at FBO's?

Your union set out for alot of press- they got it. And now you dont like the exposure.

Just tell them to get the job done.

All good points.

Dont forget that they also have an employees section on their website.

I guess they only want to hear from employees that dont have a mind of their own.

They struggle to answer anyone that asks logical questions, hence the insults and rhetoric.

Its only a matter of time before the rational union members start to ask the same questions of their leadership.

Last edited:
FamilyGuy said:
All good points.

Its only a matter of time before the rational union members start to ask the same questions of their leadership.

the sad part is if you are a union member and ask questions or express dissent then you are subject to a public flogging, name calling, not a team player etc.

At the same time, Because many of these pilots have been around- they have been furloughed, they know that long term job security means something - They also know the next contract is just that- the NEXT contract....it is not the LAST contract...

FAcFriend said:
the sad part is if you are a union member and ask questions or express dissent then you are subject to a public flogging, name calling, not a team player etc.

At the same time, Because many of these pilots have been around- they have been furloughed, they know that long term job security means something - They also know the next contract is just that- the NEXT contract....it is not the LAST contract...

So all these guys that have been around....surely they have experience at looking at the books...or know someone that does. So why the delay?

How long can the MEC delay looking at the financials before their members start to ask why?

How long can they spend talking about other things when the membership clearly says that the most important thing is pay?

Its now been 10 months....I guess we still have 26 to go before the membership gets frustrated

Sarka said:
Do we rely on the crews to help us catch mistakes like this? Certainly.

NO YOU DON'T! Just like Fracster said earlier, we have been given the big picture brush off so many times that most of us (including me) will not bother to point out stupid scheduling any more. For example; I was briefed to ferry an Excel From ATL to BZN (Bozman, MT) to do a 0.7 Owner flight. I called everyone I could at Bridgeway to raise the BS flag. Of course no one cared and I ended up doing an almost 4 hour ferry for a 0.7 revenue leg.
You guys talk a better game than you practice.

Latest resources

Back