• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets seniority

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hawkered isn't a line pilot with us. Maybe management pilot but most likely just another made up screen name that showed up about the time of the failed T/A. When this contract is finally done, he'll disappear with all the other ghosts that appeared last September. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

FamilyGuy said:
I've never understood this line of reasoning.

I want more money, so I'll perform poorly and do everything I can to screw up the system so that the company loses money....that will make them want to pay me more...

And as I've pointed out before, you cant lay the blame for the three years entirely at the feet of the company....both sides are to blame for the delay. Still waiting for someone to refute that.

Well, for the first three years, when we went out of our way and went ABOVE AND BEYOND the call of duty, we got NOWHERE!! Management got fat in the wallet. Why should they give us a raise? We performed at a substantially reduced wage. There was not a reason to give us anything. When we decided to only give what was required, the company now all of a sudden wants to get it done.

Also, we aren't performing POORLY, (your comment pisses me off), we just quit giving 110%. Now we just give 100%. We do EXACTLY what we are supposed to. Nothing more, nothing less. We do our job.

IF WE DO OUR JOB POORLY, PEOPLE DIE!! PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

So for you to imply this, tells me what you think of this pilot group. Why don't you do us all a favor and quit. We would be a better company without you.

You are right about one thing, it is the fault of the company and the old local, 284. They are the reason we are in the mess we are in. This new group is doing what a union should. They are putting a stop to the abuses from the company. They violate our contract daily.

Would you be pissed if you have a contract with, say, a home builder. And in that contract it dictates that he/she will use (for an example) six panel doors, but when you get there, he/she installed crappy partical board doors. Would you not stand up for yourself and tell them to fix the problem? I KNOW YOU WOULD. What would you do if they told you to just live there and they promise to change the doors out, only it is now four and a half years since you moved in and you still have the crappy doors? What would you do? I doubt you would tell your friends to build with this company. You would tell them to go elsewhere. How long would you go before you got so disgusted with the builder that you decided to do something about it?

You people upstairs will never understand what we are about and what we are doing. You view it as an attack on you personally. You make an industry standard wage. We do not. You are fine with what you make. We are not. You tell us that if we don't like it then leave. Almost all of us (pilots) like it here, therefore, we would want to change it before giving up and moving on.

We will get what we want or we wont. Just shut the hell up. There is nothing you can do to that will make us change our minds.

Maybe you will figure that out someday.:rolleyes: Doubt it though.

And for the record, you will know when I do my job poorly. Just please do me and my family a favor, don't come to my funeral.

dsptchrNJA said:
It's not like the union has been sitting lonely at the negotiating table waiting for the company to show. It's shows lack of faith in your union when you have to resort to measures outside the normal negotiating process and take matters into your own hands.

Let me ask you one question? Does your union sanction your negotiating 101 tactics? And I'm not talking about the "by the book" crap... does union management endorse increasing your DNIF rate and the rate at which you write up a/c?

Uh, no. They haven't been at the table all alone. If the company offers a contract that is sub-standard and won't move off of that offer, what can the negotiators do? There is NOTHING the negotiating group can do. The "normal" process includes doing only what is required by us. So yes, that is taking matters into our own hands and is therefore "normal" negotiating. If we make an offer to the company that they don't like, their "normal" process is to do nothing and wait.

As far as the rest of your post. At one point in time, I would fly even if I was sick. As long as I wasn't throwing up, I would still come to work. If the airplane had a write up, I would wait until the end of the tour, even though that is illegal, I was willing to do it to "help" the company out. What they endorse is that we do not fly sick, we do not fly tired, we do not fly broken airplanes. Basically we fly by the legal book. We do not break rules or laws from the FAA, FOM or contract. We will also no longer expose our fellow crew members to illnesses we may have.

So your comments are malicious and suggest that we break the FAA law.

Are you breaking any laws?

dsptchrNJA said:
Sounds like RTS had you in mind this week:

"At other times we may hear one group or another say, "We built this company and without us there would be no company." That line of reasoning is both true and short sighted at the same time. It is true because it absolutely applies to every department or function in the Company. It is short sighted because it fails to contemplate what would happen if any one function in the Company tried to perform even a single trip for our Owners without the support of other functions. Statements like these are divisive and counterproductive." Richard T. Santulli

Ahh....The Wizard of Woodbridge crawls out of his tanning bed to speak!

"We built this company and without us there would be no company." That line of reasoning is both true and short sighted at the same time. It is true because it absolutely applies to every department or function in the Company.

Especially the PILOT group there chief. See we were the only ones that gave anything in the prior negotiations. I could be wrong, but I don't recall The Whiz asking you to sacrifice so we could monopolize market share.

Before you mount your high horse, I know every dept. is an asset to this company and you have made my life easier many times, but the bottom line is this is an aviation company. If the plane don't go zoom, then we're all behind the eight ball.

First of all, I'm not a management spook, a scab or anything else, just a line pilot.

Secondly, you guys who tell everyone not to extend are getting those of us who don't want to extend, extended involuntarily.

Third, writing up a friggin' cabinet draw when some warm soap and water would get rid of a tootsie roll is in no question an illegal job action.

When are you guys gonna get it. We're all paying for this crap as a pilot group.

We need to get this behind us and get back to "work!".

Just git 'r done!!!

Hawkered,

You can only get involuntarily extended one day a month and only on a 5 day or less tour. Here's the solution to prevent that as much as possible. Take comp days everytime you get involuntarily extended. Preferably at the end of a 5 day tour. They'll eventually get the hint.

Last edited:
Hawkered, I call BS. Prove to me that this write up occcured at all. Also, what about the person in AMCC who authorized this write up. You must fax the write up to them and then verify they received it. I think your story in without merit and probably urban legend. Also, if you volunteer to extend then you are a real tool. Is your name on the list of volunteering to extend on a day of a picket?

Starman is SO correct:

Take comp days everytime you get involuntarily extended. Preferably at the end of a 5 day tour. They'll eventually get the hint.

If you will do this instead of taking the scratch, you will not be Involuntarily extended.

I guarantee!!!!!!!!!

First of all, I don't want to get involuntarily extended..not one day, not ever. When I extend it should be on my terms when it suits my life at home. Not at the whim of the company.

Guess what, I didn't like the old T/A and you know what, you'd be surprised that I voted S/U in and went with all their directives.

We need to stop bitchin' up a storm, the company is sick of it, the other employees are sick of it and so are the owners.

My union speaks for me....at least this one actually does!

Latest resources

Back