• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The business effects of a pilot fatiguing are not a pilot's concern. If you are fatigued, you fatigue. End of story.

You are correct, but that is not what Hopalong was saying. Apparently, he does it to help furloughees get recalled. However, I have never fatigued. Been tired, but not to the point of needing to cancel a trip.

No, but Hopalong was saying he does it to help our furloughed brethren.

I didn't think you meant it that way. Look, if a pilot is tired, he shouldn't fly. That is something we can all agree on. As a furloughed pilot, I want to be recalled ASAP, and I think no one should fatigue unless he is too tired to fly.

As for Hopalong's post and your comment about him fatiguing to "help out our furloughed brethren", I read that he is fatiguing "when necessary" i.e. when he is too tired to fly, to help us out. He did not say he was abusing the policy. If pilots are flying tired, then the company will staff accordingly, with LESS PILOTS. If they are calling it quits for the day because they are being worked too hard or having their rest shifted and flying nights when they began their tour in the daytime, or whatever makes them tired, they should tell the company they are too tired. That would indicate the company LEGITIMATELY needs more pilots.

Last edited:
No, but Hopalong was saying he does it to help our furloughed brethren.

Bring it on G4 Dude.... You are a real RETARD!!!! First of all, not once did I say that I fatigue to help my brethren. What I said is that NetJets is flying us like crazy and I REFUSE to fly when I am tired. Apparently, you must fly to "help the company cut costs to help bring our brothers and sisters back." So I guess that you are willing to put peoples lives at risk and ruin NetJets reputation for the sake of saving them money. Are you serious?????? I assume that you are also on the 18 day schedule to "HELP OUT THE COMPANY" and accept all the extended days as well to "help out the company." You have absolutely NO COMPASSION for the furloughees and Karma is a real BEOTCH!!!!

Thanks guys for sticking up for me Campbell and others. G4 Dude, you really don't give a crap about anyone but yourself, you selfish SOB!!!!

Bring it on G4 Dude.... You are a real RETARD!!!! First of all, not once did I say that I fatigue to help my brethren. What I said is that NetJets is flying us like crazy and I REFUSE to fly when I am tired. Apparently, you must fly to "help the company cut costs to help bring our brothers and sisters back." So I guess that you are willing to put peoples lives at risk and ruin NetJets reputation for the sake of saving them money. Are you serious?????? I assume that you are also on the 18 day schedule to "HELP OUT THE COMPANY" and accept all the extended days as well to "help out the company." You have absolutely NO COMPASSION for the furloughees and Karma is a real BEOTCH!!!!

Thanks guys for sticking up for me Campbell and others. G4 Dude, you really don't give a crap about anyone but yourself, you selfish SOB!!!!

Wow! Drinking and posting again, I see.

No. The more we fatigue, the higher NJAs costs are, which adversely affect profits, which delay recall of our brothers and sisters, which we all want.

Hopalong, remember when I posted this? Does this sound like a lack of compassion?

I didn't think you meant it that way. Look, if a pilot is tired, he shouldn't fly. That is something we can all agree on. As a furloughed pilot, I want to be recalled ASAP, and I think no one should fatigue unless he is too tired to fly.

As for Hopalong's post and your comment about him fatiguing to "help out our furloughed brethren", I read that he is fatiguing "when necessary" i.e. when he is too tired to fly, to help us out. He did not say he was abusing the policy. If pilots are flying tired, then the company will staff accordingly, with LESS PILOTS. If they are calling it quits for the day because they are being worked too hard or having their rest shifted and flying nights when they began their tour in the daytime, or whatever makes them tired, they should tell the company they are too tired. That would indicate the company LEGITIMATELY needs more pilots.

Good post. I could have misunderstood Hop's meaning. I am a little curious about the many "fatigues." I fly for the same company and we seem to be getting plenty of rest. And I am subjected to lots of multiple time zone changes to boot.

Hopalong, remember when I posted this? Does this sound like a lack of compassion?

OK G4 Dude, try and redeem yourself all you want. I can see right through you. You really don't give a crap about anyone but yourself. Your anti-union semantics speak volumes. You can accuse me of anything you want but, don't you dare accuse me of being unethical and abusing our companies policy. If I am tired because it is apparent that we need more pilots, I will FATIGUE.......

Lets see you fly two transcons plus one repo for the next day; two days in a row from sun down to sun up, to then switch your clock around so the company can get you home by midnight day 7. If you didn't fatigue, I wouldn't call you a professional. So the F-Bomb not only is imperative for safety, therfore it becomes a result of benefiting our furloughed brethren and their families. We need them back!!!! Have you ever been furloughed?????

Latest resources

Back