• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Question...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Only PIC's wear four stripes at NJA, though all are type-rated.

Where did you get the idea that all NJA pilots wear four stripes?

Probably from some of the double PIC paired crews he has seen on the road in a few of the fleets.

I'm with you guys. Really does'nt make a difference, however, it is nice to have the option.
One last ? If your an SIC in the falcon you can fly from the left seat on empty legs?
I guess this makes my decesion to apply and leave CS a little more complicated.

RCA I've read some of your post on different threads and it sounds like your NOT a Big UNION supporter?

If so you do know that we are 100% Union and if your not a big fan I would recommend going to work for Clay Lacy or staying at CS. We don't need Non union types here.

I still can't figure out why people that hate Unions so much still come to work for NJA? Is it because we have such a good QOL? Can someone please explain to me how our QOL, Pay and Benefits improved 150% since NOV 2005?

pop,

Kinda harsh on non-union types, aren't ya? I got news for you, when I started here (back in '97) I was a non-union type.

So why did I take the job? Because it was better than the place where I was currently working, and looked like a good stepping stone to better things. But over time, I became a union supporter.

Once you're involved with rules actually put in writing, union protections and benefits, and not having to go it alone when looking for a raise or better QOL, people can change their minds.

RCA, even if you're a non-union type, come on over! We need good qualified guys here. The QOL is great (and the money ain't too bad either!) and it's a great group of people to work with. You don't have to love the union to love the benefits we've gotten from it, which is why I predict you'd support the union even as a 'non-union' type.:)

I disagree we have plenty of Non Union guys here (A Team'r) that suck the Benefits but yet will violate the contract to there benefit.

I just ran into a FO based out of MSP on the Ultra was bragging about having a +15 hour duty day and flying in excess of 9 hours in one day. Openly states he doesn't care for Unions when he was hired here back in OCT 05.

I Know a capt thats been here as long as you based in AUS that violates every corner of the contract was telling all the crews in DAL back when we didn't have HBA's that he was gonna cross the picket line if we striked! This same guy married some super rich lady and doesn't even need the job! and will tell you in a heart beat that we were making plenty of money under the Old Old contract $27K and votes against any formof a pay raise we have tried to get because he thinks we should all be paying the company to fly for them! This is No Joke this guy really thinks this.

I personally dont want any non Union guys here! if you feel that way hey go to Clay Lacy ask those guys how they like the upgrades and QOL its all based on Ass kissing! had a cousin working for good ol Clay was in line to upgrade but guess what a couple of his old UAL buddies (Scabs) needed a job and he hired them as off the street captains instead of a guy flying his line for +3 yrs. Now its his own fault for going to Clay lacy I wouldn't touch a non union outfit period!

Like I said it funny to hear these guy say I wanna work for NJA cuz are pay and QOL are the tops right now yet can't figure it out that non of this wouldn't have happened without the union and I'm not talking about those pre 04 sausage jockies that were running the game here.

I Know a capt thats been here as long as you based in AUS that violates every corner of the contract was telling all the crews in DAL back when we didn't have HBA's that he was gonna cross the picket line if we striked! This same guy married some super rich lady and doesn't even need the job! and will tell you in a heart beat that we were making plenty of money under the Old Old contract $27K and votes against any formof a pay raise we have tried to get because he thinks we should all be paying the company to fly for them! This is No Joke this guy really thinks this.

Sadly, I can confirm this as true . . . I have flown with this guy as well. I feel bad for the guys that get paired up with people like this on a regular basis. I don't think I could make it a full 7 days with him!

He is definately in the minority though, as most guys I have flown really support the union.

Pop,

That is a sad story. I agree, we have a few here who are anti-union. But honestly, how many do you really think we have here who think like that?

Like I said, I was anti-union when hired, but I changed my mind relatively quickly, and had a great time flying the pledge when it became necessary. Once people see the benefits of what our union can accomplish for everyone, I think they'll come around.

Also, I don't know the guy you're talking about, but if he's been here as long as me, then he's been here a while. And I remember very clearly what things were like back then. Lots of special deals being made. And bending of the contract rules to get things done for the company. Can't say I'm totally innocent of the second part myself. But that stopped for me a decade ago when I quickly realized that giving an inch ALWAYS meant they'd try to take a mile. Got old quickly.
Anyway, this guy probably had all sorts of special deals going, and regularly bent the contract to his advantage. Hey, who cares about a union when you could get away with stuff like that? But now, 1108 is working hard at creating rules and contract sections that make special deals vanish, or very hard to set up to begin with. And they're beginning to monitor a lot closer who is regularly violating the contract. So this guy is probably feeling threatened, and is watching his ill-gotten extra income vanish as his special deals go away.

But newhires won't have special deals. So they won't have that animosity associated with the loss of a special deal. And I believe that most will see, as I eventually did, that the union works FOR us, not against us. And for those that don't, they will certainly be in a very small minority and therefore be inconsequential in any important decisions. In fact, if they get in the habit of trying for special deals, or bending contract rules, they may just find themselves sitting in either the union or company hot seat one day.

Latest resources

Back