• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets promotes Hansell to president

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey look guys here is the deal being furloughed sucks the big one. If someone is a bit upset with the union or the company its there right. If they feel like they have been put out to dry they have a right. Its hard for me and my family but lets be honest here, bitching back and fourth will not solve anything. Those that have there jobs don't understand the stresses right now in this economy. However to say the Union essentially sucks is not fair either, they have done many good things. And have done many things poorly too. I don't think any union that has furloughed employees has ever done it right, because its a matter of perception. Point being no one knows the other guys situation. But one thing is true if we all fight against each other its a known fact that the company management wins and we will see the slow painful death of the CBA. Hope everyone is doing well my furloughed brothers and the active line flying pilots.

Thank you for a clean perspective DC.....

I really question my sanity when I get on these boards and participate.

Sigh.

I'm gonna leave now, go tuck my kids into bed, kiss my wife, and read a book about unicorns, ponies and rainbows. If there were any Stag sold in this part of the US, I have myself a few. Who knows, maybe I'd start to feel a little bit awesome tonight.

Stag is approved as awesome. Falstaff is not. Sorry.

Wolf, two points, my friend:

1. We payed for subscriptions for a year to places like climbto350.com and had deals with others, including a resume changing/building service.

2.There is information still being broadcast through several venues, and sent personally if you have the right email adrress on file. It was an E board decision to restrict access to the main forum on the message board, yet they still have read only access to most of the board and a dedicated forum for Furloughees to post and comment on. They havent been given the "slam bam thank you ma'am, and don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out" as it has been insinuated. The info may not be getting to them that minute it breaks, but it is still presented.

DAS, I am not getting into a pissing contest with you. I just wanted to get these points to Wolf.

HiSpeed:

The majority of the posts in this thread seem to have degraded into a general NJASAP bashing or being taken personally by individual pilots (Pervis). Neither was or is my intent. My focus has been on the lack of communication from NJASAP and the ceasing of communication from NJA. All of the benefits provided to the 495 have not been forgotten and were indeed generous.

I shouldn't have to come to FI.com for NJA info nor should AIN be informing me before the union. While the union shouldn't bother itself or the pilots with by the minute updates about the new crew menus, uniform changes, etc, major announcements such as aircraft orders, business buyouts, and new presidents should be cause for such.

I don't doubt your plate is full but the Beacon is dated by the time it hits the press and the 411 is starting to resemble coded BBC messages being sent to the Marquis (WWI reference, not Marquis Jet).

Career decisions are being made out here and timely information is important. Don't forget that the majority of us are not out on the line anymore (with any company) or even remotely involved with aviation. I served under enough commanders who hoarded information. Please don't do the same.

I understand you aren't looking for a pissing contest and neither am I.

If we have read only access that is news to me.

DAS

Latest resources

Back