Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

learflyer

Time to drill Congress!
Sorry, tried picking through all of the threads, but are they or are they not hiring pilots to base at pbi? Do all the newhires have to commute to cmh? grassy ass.:confused:

Short version: I applied in January for PBI, and got an e-mail a few weeks later saying my app had been accepted, and said, "We will contact you when selected for a future interview date." I'm still waiting. :(

PBI has opened back up. I have a friend who had PBI as first choice and was called for an interview in August.

Good Luck
WP

Just as a heads-up to those of you who are waiting for specific domiciles. There is now a letter of agreement between the union and the company that offers any new domicile openings to pilots currently on the seniority list. For example, say an 800XP pilot was hired and assigned to TEB but he/she really wanted PBI for a domicile. Under the LOA, any opening for an 800XP FO in PBI must first be offered to the existing NJA pilot before it is offered to a new-hire. However, once the current pilot makes that domicile change, he/she is "domicile locked" (NOT equipment locked) for 2 years.

15 of 16 7/10/06 new hires are CMH based. But if other domiciles are opened up, as was previously said, current employees will have first pick.

Still just hiring into CMH and LAX...

The good news is, looks like you will be able to bid into another domicile soon.

Also, and this is just what I heard from one of our new hire mentors, The union is trying to talk the company into letting a domicile based pilot airline home to an airport other than his/her domicile. The pilot would have to pay any difference but the plan is to have the companies travel dept make the booking for the lower fare and non restricted tickets.

Could be nice

Nightmare67 said:
Also, and this is just what I heard from one of our new hire mentors, The union is trying to talk the company into letting a domicile based pilot airline home to an airport other than his/her domicile. The pilot would have to pay any difference but the plan is to have the companies travel dept make the booking for the lower fare and non restricted tickets.

Could be nice

Actually, its already in the contract. You can call the company travel dept and have them book it (but you have to pay a service fee), or you can just do it on your own.

13.6 Travel to Location Other Than Home Base Airport, Domicile or Satellite Airport on a Crewmember’s Last Day
If a crewmember requests to travel on his last day of duty to a location other than his designated Home Base Airport, Domicile or Company-directed Satellite Airport, he shall pay the difference in travel costs, if any, between travel to the desired location and travel to the Home Base Airport, Domicile or Satellite Airport, whichever is applicable. Additionally, the crewmember shall be responsible for arranging travel beyond the point at which the crewmember requests to travel to a location other than his designated Home Base Airport, Domicile, or Company-Directed Satellite Airport, whichever is applicable. The duty period and all overtime shall end at the time the crewmember would have arrived at the crewmember’s Home Base Airport, Domicile, or Company-directed Satellite Airport, whichever applies, as determined by the scheduled travel method and not the actual arrival time of the scheduled travel method. Should the scheduled method of returning the crewmember to his Home Base Airport, Domicile, or Company-directed Satellite Airport require the Crewmember to arrive after 2400 local Home Base Airport, Domicile, or Company-directed Satellite Airport time, the crewmember will be compensated per the requirements of Section 19.5, provided the crewmember has not waived his rights to 19.5 compensation pursuant to Section 13.1(c)(iii).

Last edited:
I interviewed and got hired in April for PBI but was not offered a starting date until Aug 28. A bit weird but I think an earlier new hire took the slot in PBI that I interviewed for. Hopefully it opens up for others.

Latest resources

Back