• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Pay Increase?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The rumor of the pay raise at Flight Options came right from Ken Ricci himself. On a recent flight he came up to the cockpit as usual and asked the crew what the latest rumors are. They told him that there was talk of a pay increase and asked him to confirm the amount. He told them it would probably be about 15% across the board in the fall. As you know good news travels fast across the country and by the end of the day everyone was trying to get more info to confirm it. Some guys were saying that it would be more but I will wait and see what happens.
Plus there was a post on one of the Options Pilots site regarding the raise.

Just keep the money coming:D

Mach92 said:
We just got an E-mail saying there about 65% done on the contract. The economic issues are the last to be worked out. Most pilots I talk with expect starting Capt pay to be 60-75K and scale up from there. We will see 100k+ but the big question is in what year????

Sorry to shoot this down dude.

I was in a meeting with the MEC last night and no such thing was said. What was said is that negotiations are not linear. Some sections are settled in one meeting and some sections have taken a year and a half. There are still MANY sections to be covered, including the $$$$ issues. We could be 95% finished and the last 5% could take another 2 years. It will be done when its done. A public forum is also not a could place to be giving out details.

NO MONEY HAS BEEN DISCUSSED, ANY FIGURES PREVIOUSLY REPORTED ARE THE OPINIONS OF THE PERSONS GIVING THEM.

Mach92,

Pardon me for being a little dense, but your post seemed to imply that Bill Gates has a stake in NJA. Does he? (Remeber, there is no such thing as a dumb question!);)

NO MONEY HAS BEEN DISCUSSED, ANY FIGURES PREVIOUSLY REPORTED ARE THE OPINIONS OF THE PERSONS GIVING THEM.

NJA CAPT: NJI payrates are not top secret<>Yes this is my opinion<>In my opinion our new starting pay has to = NJI or beat it.

Mach92 said:
In my opinion our new starting pay has to = NJI or beat it.

Yeah, Yeah... industry leading.... isn't that what UAL demanded just 2 short years ago????

Hey, I agree you NetJet guys are WAY under paid, but keep the big picture in view when you are making your demands... lest you might find yourself making 200% of $0

Mach92 said:
Let me add more fuel to the fire. NJI the G-IV & G-V pilots start at $65K a year for F/O Capt's on the IV is $85K to start and the G-V is $130K REMEMBER THIS IS STARTING PAY. If anyone doesnt think we NETJETS and NETJETS INTERNATIONAL are not the same company your nuts....

So much for the Union! They've sure helped you guys. Kinda sad when the non-union group is doing way better than the union group!

What are you paying dues for?

Last edited:
JetPilot500 said:
So much for the Union! They've sure helped you guys. Kinda sad when the non-union group is doing way better than the union group! What are you paying dues for?

JetPilot500,
Don't be so down on NJA pilot's union yet... Yes, it is sad that we are paid lower than the other fracs but, from what I hear and read, our quality of life and work rules are better at NJA than the other fracs. I'm paying union dues for that and for improvements in my future salary/sched/rest/vac/health benefits, etc...
Flt Options pilots are frequently stopping me in the lobby of FBOs and asking "when are you guys gonna finish your contract so WE can get a pay raise?" I would like to hear them say that they are working on improving their own company and not waiting on NJA pilots to "do it for them." Well, I hope we get a raise that Ken Ricci can't afford to even come close to. I also hope that our quality of life issues continues to increase the current gap ahead of the other fracs. But, if he matches or exceeds it, it will be the UNION that ACHIEVES that gain for the non-union guys. I don't mind other people piggy-backing off of me, I just wish they would stop putting me down and help me "pull the cart" every once in a while. I hope that we prove you wrong and make believers out of many of the other pilots that feel the same way you do.

Mach92 said:

NJA CAPT: NJI payrates are not top secret<>Yes this is my opinion<>In my opinion our new starting pay has to = NJI or beat it.

That's not what I said. Who said anything about our PRESENT PAY? We were talking about the new contract weren't we?
Again...NO PAY NUMBERS FOR THE NEW CONTRACT HAVE BEEN DISCUSSED IN NEGOTIATIONS, AND WILL NOT BE FOR A LONG TIME. So any figures people hear, or read are pure FICTION.
Even when it is discussed within the company, that's where it should stay. Not dicussed here.

PS...Our pay scale is no longer publicly available on the NJ website. Not like the old one is a mystery anyway.

Last edited:
Even though no numbers have been published by the unions and officially they are tight lipped, they're really not.

I have spoken to two union guys separately, off the record, and both hinted on what their wishes are for pay and schedule.

On the record, the company, via Warren Buffett, did reveal they expect an 80-100% pilot pay increase.

So that's it. 80-100% pay increase. Our union doesn't have enough balls, nor the power, to request any more. It's a realistic number that will get 51% of the pilot votes. Remember, any more votes and RTS will theoratically have given us too much! There are enough starving pilots at NJA that could really use that type of pay raise - and yesterday! And don't forget about all the shmoes that voted YES for the contract three years ago. Surely, they haven't learned their lesson!

Since just about everyone agrees with the rumor of a tiered pay system (by weight or size), there is no possiblity of our pay matching NJI's. So drop it. It's a dead horse. How about matching NJI's home basing instead. That's a lot more realistic.

My 2 cents.

Rumor and speculation are just that. What actually gets put to our vote, we shall see. We shall also see, eventually, what we as a majority find acceptable. As for the "yes" voters of the previous contract, that was long ago and far away. We were a much smaller, less educated group then. I suspect most of them that remain have learned a valuable lesson. I also suspect that most of those that voted yes and left are among the ranks of the furloughed.

Latest resources

Back