Netjets, or Skywest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RideTheWind

Currently flying adhoc in a Lear. By the looks of the TA the new pay at NJ will be substantially more than Skywest, but I've heard Skywest has a 4 on 3 off scedule, and the new NJ sounds like a minimum of 7 on. I'd much rather only be gone from home 4 days at a time than 7.

How many hours a day on average to you work at Skywest? I've heard NJ is typically 12 to 14 hours.

Thanks.

4 on 3 off is probably avg at SKW. Since going to PBS, schedules are less likely to be 4/3. For oct mine was 4 on, 3 off, 4 on, 4 off, 4 on, 6 off, 4 on. I commute, so this is an excellent schedule for me

RideTheWind said:
Currently flying adhoc in a Lear. By the looks of the TA the new pay at NJ will be substantially more than Skywest, but I've heard Skywest has a 4 on 3 off scedule, and the new NJ sounds like a minimum of 7 on. I'd much rather only be gone from home 4 days at a time than 7.

How many hours a day on average to you work at Skywest? I've heard NJ is typically 12 to 14 hours.

Thanks.

The NJA TA has not been fully detailed. There are still a lot of outstanding details to be finalized (Retro pay for existing pilots, NJI integration and others) so I wouldn't get too excited yet - it ain't done until it is done. NJA management has been unpredictable and not too cooperative so I would watch the situation for the time being.

Skywest still has a lot of issues related to pay including the 70-90 seat aircraft paying 50-seat rates. That's ridiculous and it needs to improve considerably. If you want to fly for the airlines in the long-run, perhaps Skywest would be good for a taste of that type of operation.

Retro pay is already set. New hires won't get any of course. NJI will eventually be a part of NJA.. it is only a matter of time. 7 and 7 will be the norm at NJA.

hydrarkt said:
Retro pay is already set. New hires won't get any of course. NJI will eventually be a part of NJA.. it is only a matter of time. 7 and 7 will be the norm at NJA.

Sounds like a big improvement. Let's hope it works out.

first year skywest about 18000
first year netjets minimum 39000

My old flight instructor works for SkyWest and has been there 5 years. He told me last week that SkyWest is slowly beging to feel like working for Mesa.

Second year pay at Skywest is 45,000-
3rd year Captain pay is 70,000
4on3 off is the norm, but starting to see 3on4 off.
Doesn't feel like Mesa yet!

2nd year crj fo at skywest 35hr x 75hr/month x 12months = 31500 how do you come up with 45000? Did you already count your 1.25% pay raise?

5 year capt NetJets 90000 minimum.
5 year capt skywest 63hr x 75hr/month x 12months = 56700

Perdiem added to the pay i think is what would give those numbers.

oh yeah per diem. Skywest 1.60hr NetJets 1.65hr plus NetJets feeds you crew meals. I have only been denied once for a crew meal and that was because we had a 5 hour layover. Nice hotels, Hiltons, Double Trees, etc. unless your stuck in Alpine, TX and the best they have is a Best Western. NetJets has free medical for all family members, saved me 500 dollars a month from old job.

Latest resources

Back