• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets not furloughing because of charter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fancy this, I get a call from a NJ pilot. Wants to know if USA Jet is hiring, heck they have 45 pilots on lay off and not even involved in anything but flying anymore. He said a letter was coming out in the 10 days announcing up to 1000 pilot lay offs.

I love Flightinfo! This site is even funnier that The Onion. Almost as creditable as well.

you guys can't stand the truth

you guys can't stand the truth

Truth? One of these is the truth. You decide which one.

1. You made this whole thing up.

2. Your friend at NetJets is the most ill informed pilot among our group.

Mr. Santulli, Mr. Christiansen and our Union leadership have all jointly talked about over staffing issues and the things that are being worked on to mitigate any involuntary reduction in the pilot force. I do expect a letter in the next 10 days, but instead of "announcing up to 1000 pilot lay offs" it will outline what has been agreed upon by our union and management to preclude any reductions.

So, Pilotyip, either tell your friend to pick the phone and call a NJASAP leader or quit it with the flame bait.

It may mean we accidently hired a retard who has no clue about whats going on..or he made the whole thing up..either way.. YIP flighs for USA Jet, who cares what he thinks or says..JMO

For the record I'm not against people taking substandard jobs if the situation presents itself...But I've seen YIP on here for years. He seems to always find the bottom feeder jobs.

Reality

For years USA Jet was the direct pipe line to NJ, in fact NJ used to come to YIP and hold job fairs in the local hotel. NJ must have liked what I had prepared for them. I think the number is the 20 pilots range, I hired now work for NJ. I am still freinds with many, few have anything bad to say about the training they got an USA Jet that allowed them to move on. In fact I got feedback some were disappointed they expected NJ training to be superior to JUS, but it wasn't. This is not flame bait, but reality.

Last edited:
Fancy this, I get a call from a NJ pilot. Wants to know if USA Jet is hiring, heck they have 45 pilots on lay off and not even involved in anything but flying anymore. He said a letter was coming out in the 10 days announcing up to 1000 pilot lay offs.
What a bunch of crap. 1000 pilots??? Seriously??? You actually believed this???

In 10 days you will know if you have an honest pilot that you can hire or a liar that you dont want to hire.

Latest resources

Back