NetJets not furloughing because of charter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
whats in 10 days?

Yip if you're proven wrong in ten days will you finally admit that you're gullible and full of crap?

I retract my previous post about YIP and him working at USA Jet.. I admit I know nothing about the company and have never met anyone who worked for them..But his post is borderline the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on here in the last 9 yrs or so...

the whole "we got a guy from NJA asking about employment here cause of 1000 furloughs in 10 days" is so f--king absurd..

First, if this guy is worried about being furloughed then he must be a junior FO (like myself)... So say between 0-3 years of seniority...How the hell would he have some top secret intel, that NOBODY at Netjets knows about!!! Really fu--ing ridiculuous!!!!

Second, I'm fairly positve that if NJ had to furlough 1000 pilots, our union would have given us some sort of heads-up.. A few hundred is one thing, but a 1/3rd of our list.. Come on!!!

Third, if we needed to furlough 1000 pilots I don't think management would be worried about LOA's and early out packages.. We would be hemoraging $$$ so bad that some letter 10 days from now would be a mute point...

On Apr. 20th, management and our union will introduce a voluntary system that will help NJ with the current economy... We are not 100% certain what all the details are yet, but we do have an idea. This was a 100% joint effort from NJASAP and NJ managment. Total co-operation from both sides is how I have had it described to me by e-mails from both sides...

Commutair was also a direct pipeline to NJ also..It probably had something to do with handflying approaches in the NE, and also that 90% of the guys there were genuinely great guys.. I don't hear from any one there that knows a guy who heard of 1000 furloughs..Can we end YIP's contribution to this thread now.....

Last edited:
Fancy this, I get a call from a NJ pilot. Wants to know if USA Jet is hiring, heck they have 45 pilots on lay off and not even involved in anything but flying anymore. He said a letter was coming out in the 10 days announcing up to 1000 pilot lay offs.

Thats probably the first time anybody every called USAjet that was already employed looking for a job.

Of course PilotYip flew a Falcon to the middleast for a couple of hundred bucks.....

So think of the source.

....would be hemoraging $$$ so bad that some letter 10 days from now would be a mute point...

Aggggghhhh!

It's a fricken "moot" point!!!! We would have also accepted a "moo" point, but only with an appropriate reference to friends.

And while you're at it: TOO, TWO and TO have different frickin meanings too!!

Oh, and Commute Air was NOT a pipeline to NetJets. Maybe lots of guys got hired on "back in the day". But so did lots of guys form lots of companies. There was no "pipe line" that funneled pilots between the two companies.

Oh yeah, and it's hemorrhaging, try a spell check.

Last edited:
In fact I got feedback some were disappointed they expected NJ training to be superior to JUS, but it wasn't. This is not flame bait, but reality.

Reality is the training isnt done by NJ, its done by flight safety, which everyone knows is not very good. My former regional had better training. But i didnt come here because i heard they had great training.

Aggggghhhh!

It's a fricken "moot" point!!!! We would have also accepted a "moo" point, but only with an appropriate reference to friends.

And while you're at it: TOO, TWO and TO have different frickin meanings too!!

Oh, and Commute Air was NOT a pipeline to NetJets. Maybe lots of guys got hired on "back in the day". But so did lots of guys form lots of companies. There was no "pipe line" that funneled pilots between the two companies.

Oh yeah, and it's hemorrhaging, try a spell check.

I hate it when I loose my spell check.

Latest resources

Back