• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets not furloughing because of charter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thats probably the first time anybody every called USAjet that was already employed looking for a job.
It is amazing I am not even in hiring business anymore but I get 10-12 resumes a week and 2-3 phone calls from pilots looking for jobs at USA Jet. Talk about being out of touch with what is going on! BTW who is in trouble here? me for being a messenger or the pilot worried about his job? Has not NJ already laid off 100's of non-cockpit people?

I apologize for the spelling, sometimes there isn't time or effort when you have a 5 month old on your lap... So anyways go screw yourself and your grammar lecture. Wait you were probably one of those guys that got beat up in highschool on a regular basis. If not you probably should have.....

"Oh, and Commute Air was NOT a pipeline to NetJets."

And while we're at it, CommutAir is one word, and you spelled it wrong..There is no such thing as a pipeline to any company. Unless you count the Comair Academy as a pipeline to the DCI carriers.

YIP,
To the best of my knowledge there has been ZERO layoffs at NJ. Union or non-union.

Last edited:
Randy, my hope is that a frac pilot runs into you at the mall, breaks all of your fingers, and shoves his boot square up your a$$, hopefully preventing you from typing any more FUD. Loser.....

AMF

Last edited:
Oh, and Commute Air was NOT a pipeline to NetJets... There was no "pipe line" that funneled pilots between the two companies.

The woman in charge of hiring many at CommutAir, and who got to know them very well, took the same job at NetJets a few years later. If you don't think that helped CommutAir pilots into interviews at NetJets, I don't know what to tell you.

Last edited:
I really think if (and thats a big if) ther are layoff, there are other many non-essential positions they will start getting rid of, rather than furlough any pilots. Why would the mess with the union when they could easily lay off some of the non-essential personnel and not miss a beat?

You're kiddin' right?

For years USA Jet was the direct pipe line to NJ, in fact NJ used to come to YIP and hold job fairs in the local hotel. NJ must have liked what I had prepared for them. I think the number is the 20 pilots range, I hired now work for NJ. I am still freinds with many, few have anything bad to say about the training they got an USA Jet that allowed them to move on. In fact I got feedback some were disappointed they expected NJ training to be superior to JUS, but it wasn't. This is not flame bait, but reality.

So, NJA has or had a direct pipeline. News to me. Anyone else heard of this direct pipeline?

You talk about a direct pipeline yet you fail to recall the exact number of pilots you sent into this pipeline.

Why didn't you jump into the pipeline and ride the wave into NJA?

What else would you call it?

So, NJA has or had a direct pipeline. News to me. Anyone else heard of this direct pipeline?

You talk about a direct pipeline yet you fail to recall the exact number of pilots you sent into this pipeline.

Why didn't you jump into the pipeline and ride the wave into NJA?
Up until 2001, it was almost a 100% hire rate, if a USA Jet applied, he was hired. George and I had a good relationship and I sent him some good guys. They all did well with no failures. I could go back and check my records, but it was around 20. Would like me to PM you with a list of names? I did not apply at NJ because I did not want to take the pay cut. Plus I felt a real obilgation to those piltos we hired to make USA Jet the best posssible company I could, did not want to jump ship. Now in hind site with which we are all gifted, NJ would have been a great deal.

I would hope so

YIP...

You got bad info according to what a lot of us know right now ... and details to be announced Monday....
I am one that hopes it does not happen. I have a lot of pilots I hired and training that now work NJ I would not want to see them on the street. But being told something like that, I thought it would appropriate to see what other s thought. You have to apply the FI filter. I wish no one ill will, expect Rez

Latest resources

Back