• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets layoff now??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I actually have numerous friends at NJA. My post was not to wish bad things on anyone. I honestly hope that you don't lay off a single pilot. To think that a company will continue to support an overstaffed workforce is just not realistic. Sorry..

Finished a 5 day tour in the U-boat on friday. We did 7 legs and only 1 was a ferry. It seems to be picking up somewhat.

Originally Posted by CA1900
Actually, that's exactly what we're paid to do. Our owners bought their airplane shares, and still pay their monthly fees for those planes to be crewed and available when they need them. If they're flying less, so be it -- but when they call, there better be a plane and crew ready.

Indeed, just last night, I was one of the lucky crews on airport standby. We started in late afternoon, and didn't think anything was going on. Just before we expected to be shut off and sent to the hotel, we got a phone call: "Are you guys feeling alert enough for a flight to _____? An owner had a family emergency and needs to go right away."

That was it. With a single phone call, our owner was able to get on her airplane and go on her terms, precisely because of a crew doing "nothing." Nothing but wait for her call, that is.

EXACTLY.

I have been trying to explain tomany of you on this board for years that we do not pay for efficiency. A good fractional model, by definition, is inefficient. The NJA pricing models have us, the owner, paying for the inefficiency we want.

Fly safe.

I didn't imply that it can't happen to Fractional aviation. I was just pointing out that we seem to be a bit more insulated than other parts of the aviation world.

Originally Posted by CA1900
Actually, that's exactly what we're paid to do. Our owners bought their airplane shares, and still pay their monthly fees for those planes to be crewed and available when they need them. If they're flying less, so be it -- but when they call, there better be a plane and crew ready.

Indeed, just last night, I was one of the lucky crews on airport standby. We started in late afternoon, and didn't think anything was going on. Just before we expected to be shut off and sent to the hotel, we got a phone call: "Are you guys feeling alert enough for a flight to _____? An owner had a family emergency and needs to go right away."

That was it. With a single phone call, our owner was able to get on her airplane and go on her terms, precisely because of a crew doing "nothing." Nothing but wait for her call, that is.

EXACTLY.

I have been trying to explain tomany of you on this board for years that we do not pay for efficiency. A good fractional model, by definition, is inefficient. The NJA pricing models have us, the owner, paying for the inefficiency we want.

Fly safe.

Too often my colleagues think of ourselves as laborers/hourly workers/sweat-for-pay type; In reality, we get paid for our expertise, health/family sacrifice and availability. Even hotel standby is work. Its nice work, but work nonetheless.

Agreed.

FYI My brief for today -

APA-RIL-TEB-SAF-LAS. Gotta love the X.

Fortunately it didn't play out that way and we're still in TEB but I have definitely noticed an increase in flying in the last few weeks. Maybe it's spring break and maybe not but in any case the increase is welcome.

Well, we ended up doing all 5 legs. APA-MRY-BUR-PSP-STS-LAS. I was pretty wipped after that one to say the least. Two airlines and a rental car later and i'm home.

It's not a rumor. I'm just relaying what he told me. If you want to call it "BS", go ahead and be a mental midget you prick.

Hey A$$ clown unless RTS tells you something Face to Face then just keep "what you heard" to yourself. Things are bad out there and no one needs some tool that pee's sitting down trying to stir up emotions.

You're a waste of skin!

Latest resources

Back