• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NJA non-negotiating employees are evidence to suppport this speculation.

Sorry Dispatcher,
According to Mr D McG.......a senior VP, the reason for poor preformance in some departments is because of LOW pay. Can't attract and keep good people at 'these low wages.'

EJM is evidence

Ask the guys that were layed off and landed at the bottom of our senority list how that worked out for them.

x402 said:
NJA non-negotiating employees are evidence to suppport this speculation.

Sorry Dispatcher,
According to Mr D McG.......a senior VP, the reason for poor preformance in some departments is because of LOW pay. Can't attract and keep good people at 'these low wages.'

EJM is evidence

Ask the guys that were layed off and landed at the bottom of our senority list how that worked out for them.

It would be difficult to make a earnest rebuttal without knowing which departement he was referring to (it matters very much). At any rate, most all company's the size of NJA have entry level positions. A union wouldn't necessarily increase the performance or pay for these departments.

My point isn't necessarily to try to convince you EJM is non-union utopia. Only that pilots wouldn't be paid any better with a union on the property. And further speculation that they could be worse as demonstrated by NJA Teamster history would suggest. Of course any pilot who was laid off without representation would likely have just cause to argue against that. But that would be a completely different topic.

I would suggest, however, that NJI is the closest this company is going to get to non-union utopia and on that point you were suspiciously muted.

Curious question: would you take a job at Jet Blue? How about NJI?

The difference between jetblue is they respect their workers and understand what they need. Netjets couldn't give a crap about the workers.

NetJets respects it's employees. Even the ones who took the job and cry foul that the company isn'tpaying them enough or showing respect. I believe that you confuse respect with your own definition of unfulfilled wants.

dsptchrNJA said:

I would suggest, however, that NJI is the closest this company is going to get to non-union utopia and on that point you were suspiciously muted.

Funny you should mention this.

I've made it a point to talk to as many NJI folks on the road this summer as would take the time to yak with me.

During a fire drill in the TEB Embassy a couple of months ago, I had a very interesting conversation with a 4-5 yr Capt at NJI.

He told me the usual (and I don't doubt it one bit) cut and dried stuff about how green it is on the other side, but he did mention there is a growing feeling among the younger set at NJI (I would guess he was early to mid thirties) that a Union would not be a bad thing.
Seems there is some growing concern with some A team activity in SAV.

Having said all this, it was just one guy out of many, that kind of opened up. I would not call him disgruntled at all, just maybe facing inevitable facts of this business?

Any NJI folks have any insight on this?

actually don't confuse me with anyone.

I work HARD every day to make this place better.

I can't really explain what i do on a daily basis. Much like a person upstairs can't explain to me what they do on a daily basis.

This board has been taken over by people who have nothing to do with flying the line but seem to think that their imput will affect negotiiations or pilots perspectives.

I have limited control over what happens in negotiations but the people upstairs have none. Until a TA comes out we can yell and shout but it will do no good.

dsptchrNJA said:
It would be difficult to make a earnest rebuttal without knowing which departement he was referring to (it matters very much). At any rate, most all company's the size of NJA have entry level positions. A union wouldn't necessarily increase the performance or pay for these departments.

My point isn't necessarily to try to convince you EJM is non-union utopia. Only that pilots wouldn't be paid any better with a union on the property. And further speculation that they could be worse as demonstrated by NJA Teamster history would suggest. Of course any pilot who was laid off without representation would likely have just cause to argue against that. But that would be a completely different topic.

Curious question: would you take a job at Jet Blue? How about NJI?
Straight answer,
Yes/No

Diesel said:
The difference between jetblue is they respect their workers and understand what they need. Netjets couldn't give a crap about the workers.

Seeing how so many people on this board seem to equate respect with pay, your answer surprises me given the following monthly pay rates by years of service:

Years.. Jetblue.. NetJets
Totals...79380....80670

Source: airlinepilotpay.com

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back