NetJets Integration

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ozpilot said:
And how about your actions of posting this individuals name on a public message board?.

Negative. Olsen is a member of management and should have made a better judgment call. When he uses an "old neighbor" to spread his blab, he exposes himself to everyone.

Montgomery sent those emails to 50+ pilots knowing full well they would circulate, and they did. With names and dates right on them! So let the chips fall where they fall, and let the people who sit in power know when they speak to neighbors before they speak to their employees, it PISSES US OFF!

Wow. This was a short honeymoon. A little longer than Obummer, perhaps, but short nonetheless.

And, BTW, I don't think I've ever seen most of these communications.

No, sir - no honeymoon and wouldn't want one. Same group of people I had differences with in my previous role. Some will eat their young, it's just the way it is. We do what's best for the masses and press on.

The point is to highlight even in these times they don't get it - never will and the rest can't wait for them to catch up.

That's always been the case. Point was made - moving on.

Respectfully,

Last edited:
I'm waiting for NJASAP to rip into this circle jerk and set the record straight.

I'm not sure what part of this you want NJASAP to wade into. We were happy to work with GPAC. Now that they have dissolved, we will be announcing a new NJI working group to accomplish, basically, the same thing. If you have any other specific questions, please ask.

NJASAP is still working to develop a comprehensive contact list for NJI pilots. In the meantime, the Integration Team is happy to answer any questions NJI/NJA/NJLA crewmembers may have. Contact information can be found on njasap.com. Additionally, we encourage NJI pilots to complete the contact information form found in the Integration Section of the website.

Sincerely,
Brian Ward
NJASAP Integration Team Leader

All,

With all due respect, if anyone believes NetJets (or any other company for that matter) has an ounce of fat to spare for too long – they are disconnected from the brutal realities. Every company is fighting to retain existing jobs (NetJets has done exceptionally well), forget about new job creation – for now. While the market is shrinking, what’s important is the gain in existing/available market share. It's more competitive (pricing and service) than ever. In essence gaining in market share as the market shrinks. This requires business adjustments and a cohesive, dedicated, and enthusiastic/optimistic workforce. Economy of scale has pros and cons; the purchasing power can be significant. But, to change course is much more than turning an aircraft carrier, it’s like turning a fleet. We have many “ships” at NetJets, but with challenges come opportunities.

Well Cast,
I will try and make this as simple as possible after wading through the piles of commas and sentances that were this post. This isn't the time for dancing around the facts.

First of all maybe we won't be having this conversation if we didn't hire so may MANGEMENT people into NJA?? Is that something you have thought about??

I'm waiting for your response, you may think we are dumb or don't know what you know, that would be a mistake.

CastofThousands said:
A quick study of the RLA will show how rediculous what you wrote is.

Who said anything about the RLA. NJI pilots will comply fully with the tenants of the RLA and the NMB which oversees it. A quick study of anti-union tactics will show how you're playing the game. Sat nothing in public and leak everything behind the curtain. Who around here is going to believe anything you say... You left NJASAP as the President to work for the CEO? Go to bed Bill, you've played pilot monopoly for the last time.

CastofThousands said:
NJASAP IS the certified bargaining agent and a letter campaign can't/won't change that.

Once again, your total lack of inside knowledge concerning the NJI pilots and our will is hilarious. NJI pilots never tried to start a new union, its jus the opposite, we're trying to get into NJASAP as fast as we can.

CastofThousands said:
I have always answered every email and phone call from every pilot - openly and honestly! That will never change - nothing to hide from. I've lived this stuff for too long. Simple stuff,

Good for you Olsen, keep blabbing that hole of yours and lets see how long it takes RTS to cut your golfballs off.

Obviously one of two things is happening here.

1. Your arrogance extends beyond our solar system and NetJets senior managmement has no clue of your stupidity here on Flight Info. You couldnt keep a secret if your life depended on it.

-OR-

2. NetJets senior managment does know what you are doing and are therefore telling what to say and when to say it... Thus showing you're a puppet getting the strings pulled for a little extra cash and showing we NetJets pilots can once again, NEVER TRUST A COTTONPICK'N THING MANAGEMENT SAYS.

Well Cast,
I will try and make this as simple as possible after wading through the piles of commas and sentances that were this post. This isn't the time for dancing around the facts.

First of all maybe we won't be having this conversation if we didn't hire so may MANGEMENT people into NJA?? Is that something you have thought about??

I'm waiting for your response, you may think we are dumb or don't know what you know, that would be a mistake.

Notice the difference between the "decoder" posts and the personal email's tone. Quite telling.

I agree, now is not the time to beat around the bush (oh god, now I've gone and done it) but time to get everyone informed about what the current outlook is for the short term.

When will the term synergy be thrown around? Or maybe we can use some other corporate speak that makes us sound better.

I find it interesting now that we are being told to contact BO instead of NJASAP with our integration concerns. Hmmmm someone trying to run an end game?

I thought this place was too desperate housewives? Oh well I guess its like a car crash that you just can't look away from. Hell I want to drive into a god damn bridge abutment.

This whole process is starting to pile up on the freeway. (I've decided using automobile references instead of whipped mules is more current) From the GPAC breakup, to little information coming out of both sides, to people telling us we know whats good for you. Hold on boys we're going for a ride. We might be kicking the tires on a lot of this stuff but once and a while the bumper falls off when you do. (Sorry I couldn't use a mule analogy)

Respectfully,
D
(An excellent pilot and a better used car dealership owner)

A quick study of the RLA will show how rediculous what you wrote is.Why? I don't think Gruman was claiming that GPAC would do any BARGAINING for NJI. Couldn't anyway. But they would have been a voice for the NJI pilots to communicate with NJASAP and management. I think all Gruman meant was that it's important to have a voice that speaks directly for the NJI pilots, one that ISN'T management, no matter how well management may have gotten along with them before. In the end, management has management's best interests in mind, not the pilots'.

I met Dave once for a cup-o-joe in the winter of 2007 - good conversation.A totally useless comment to deflect attention from the real issue brought up. Did you write those emails to Dave Montgomery? If so, it sure looks like it was meant to be read by more than a good friend. The structure and prose are very appropriate when addressing a group. It certainly lacks the informality and brevity that you'd expect when one is informally answering a question posed by a curious neighbor. Interestingly enough, those emails were far more readable and understandable than the "transparent" emails you used to write to the membership of NJASAP, although still full of useless hyperbole.

NJASAP IS the certified bargaining agent and a letter campaign can't/won't change that.I don't get the impression that anyone was trying to change that. GPAC was trying to make sure the NJI pilot's concerns were heard in the process. A reasonable request. I never heard anyone here say they wanted to bargain for anything. So again, another deflection.

I have always answered every email and phone call from every pilot - openly and honestly!Riiiight. Sort of like we had all thought you'd gone back to flying the line after IBB. Admittedly, I don't think anyone had thought to ask you directly if you were, in fact, back on the line, so can't really say you lied about that. But you sure weren't open and forthcoming in volunteering any info about what was going on with your status in the months following IBB. And not one little peep about any imminent move to management. Yep. Very open and honest. That will never change Exactly! Which is why I think you'll find fewer people trust you these days than used to. - nothing to hide from. Maybe not anymore. That remains to be seen. I've lived this stuff for too long. So why keep doing it? "Too long" implies it's time to give it up. Come on back to the line! After all, how many people can claim to have virtually personalized LOA's that allow them the full benefits of being in management AND a line pilot?

Simple stuff, It's certainly getting to be that way.

It is what it is......:rolleyes:

This whole process is starting to pile up on the freeway. (I've decided using automobile references instead of whipped mules is more current) From the GPAC breakup, to little information coming out of both sides, to people telling us we know whats good for you. Hold on boys we're going for a ride. We might be kicking the tires on a lot of this stuff but once and a while the bumper falls off when you do. (Sorry I couldn't use a mule analogy)

Respectfully,
D
(An excellent pilot and a better used car dealership owner)

Diesel,

The wheels are not coming off the bus (sticking with your autos metaphor :D ). I cannot speak for the company or disclose what they are doing publically, but I know they are working the project. At the same time, so is NJASAP. The breakup of GPAC caused a bit of a glitch that required some re-thinking and re-planning. As I mentioned earlier, we are on the cusp of announcing the result of that adjustment. Some of the other projects have also hit speed bumps. No big deal, we are adapting, modifying and pushing forward.

All the while information is being sent to those who have current information with the Union (e.g., short, bi-weekly information pieces), the website is being updated in repsonse to pilot input, email questions are being answered, three major communication projects have been intiated (two are planed for roll-out next year as we get close to the "final integration notice" the other in the next 2 months), etc. Two of the biggest impediments to our communication with NJI pilots is not having all NJI pilots' contact information and not having direct, in-person contact (like the Monday night meetings in CMH). Both are being addressed.

Keep the faith, my friend.

Fraternally,

Brian

Latest resources

Back