NetJets Integration

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Gruman Fan

So now that the GPAC is history... what steps is NJASAP taking to insure I-side pilots have a voice in this process?

I know that the GPAC organizers made a formal request to the union and HH for our group to have some type of voice in this process prior to shutting down the effort.

I was hoping the union would take the lead (and the high road) and get some of our guys involved. It is the right thing to do. If this merger is going to happen fairly, then we deserve a voice.

If this merger is going to happen fairly, then we deserve a voice.

What exactly would you like us to do here? Cold-call your pilot list looking for volunteers? The integration plan has already been laid out by the company. As a non-union group, you don't really get much say in the matter, I'm sorry to say. Blunt, I know, but it's the truth.

We were excited and willing to work with GPAC, which was the closest thing to an organized group on the NJI side. The group dissolved, so where does that leave us? Who exactly should we communicate with as your "voice"? Anybody who claims to speak for the NJI pilots? What if he speaks for the minority? How would we know?

I'm not trying to be flippant here, but I'm not really sure what you're getting at. We did take the high road, and have from the beginning. As hyflyin says, the ball is in NJI's court.

I was hoping the union would take the lead (and the high road) and get some of our guys involved. It is the right thing to do. If this merger is going to happen fairly, then we deserve a voice.

Clearly, the dissolution of GPAC threw a minor wrench in the works. I have felt from the beginning of this process that it would be important to have the input of NJI pilots as we move toward the final integration. While CA1900 is correct that a lot is already in place because of the LOAs, there are still important reasons to involve NJI pilots in the process. We will be doing just that.

We have decided to create a working group, comprised of NJI pilots who have previously shown an interest in working with NJASAP throughout this process, to act as liaisons/ambassadors between NJI and NJASAP. The exact membership of that body has not been finalized, but I have begun talking with some pilots who seem to be a good fit. I think we're getting close to making a formal announcement.

Hope this helps.
Fraternally,

Brian Ward

Correct me if I'm wrong but the way our E-Board is structured isn't there 2 sets of elctions due for members in the next few years? One set in about 1 year from now and another 18 months beyond that.

I would think that would be a golden opportunity for some NJI folks to hold an elected seat on the E-Board.

I'm sure there are some very talented, forward looking folks over there. Their input would benefit the total combined pilot force.

Fozzy....that's what I meant. When elctions come up all pilots would be eligible to RUN.

I certainly didn't mean appointed or be given a seat on the E-Board.

Gruman, we were told via email from our former union leader, who now reports directly to the Office of the Chairman, that there would be no negotiations. None of us have any input, it would appear. While many items are covered by LOAs, I too feel there will be issues that NONE of us will have any input with.

Don't feel alone, isolated, or left out. There are over 3000 of us collectively that will feel the same way. Most are minor issues, but what about pay scales, locked for NJI by LOA, that place guys/gals junior to some of us at higher levels, or those already locked in a GIV left seat junior to some of us? Or unlimited basing for you guys, but not us?

From my limited prospective, you guys by far get the better end of the stick. Work rules alone with OT, holiday, and after midnight language are significant. Granted, the SICs on your end will have issue, as they will have to fall in line for upgrade by seniority like all of us. There are far more senior folks on this end standing in line ahead of them. However, every SIC at NJI I speak with have or are going through upgrade training now. Yea, yea, it's different over there, yada yada (no insult intended for any NJI personnel-that's what our leadership tells us).

You all should have access to the integration info on the NJASAP boards. Voice your concerns there, so we can all become more aware from all perspectives. There are those on both sides that we would all prefer to place in a net over shark infested waters, but the vast majority want and will work well together. Good luck to us all.

NJI pilots will not yet be members of the union 12 or even 18 months from now. Consequently, they will not have the opportunity to run for positions within NJASAP during those elections.

I-Day is 11:59 PM, November 19 2010. Until then, the NJI pilots' only input will be through the working groups organized by BW.

BTW, note to brokeflyer. Since the argument for integration has always been that we work for the same company doing the same job, that means I got hired by the same company as you in 1999. So, yes, DOH IS fair.

Latest resources

Back