• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Integration

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well just tell Cast to join us over there :bomb: , I am sure he has the address....:rolleyes:

But for the record I don't feel like the NJA group is in the mood for any more negotiations.

The fact is that Cast is trying to plant a seed here revealing what I would think would be confidential information. I don't think that seed will get much watering here.

Your right x402, I made a mistake. This discussion does not belong over here. Our time at war was still longer than our current time of peace. Many of us are still picking pieces of the failed gateway agreement out of our teeth.

Last edited:
Without a doubt. That said, sometimes professional courtesy trumps.

We will certainly continue the meat of Crew Integration (NJIAX), Operational Excellence (OpX), and Preventive Furlough Measures discussions elsewhere. 2009 is about T'ing things up for 2010.

We are all big boys and girls. It's a small industry. When dealing with issues at the highest levels I think we can handle FI - it's not as though this stuff is new in aviation and the realities of the current financial system and economy aren't already known.

Respectfully,

Management had no problem enduring huge "losses" during the war over nothing more than spite....seems to me a little red ink to save some jobs wouldn't be too much to ask. I don't see where we have lost any money.....yet.

Exactly

Mgt can ICOM us anytime they want.

I am sure we'll be calling this "The Summer of ICOMs - but now you know the framework. More importantly, an ICOM isn't a conversation. Out of respect, sometimes the conversation is more effective.

I go a little out of school from time to time. Life goes on, I can get my hands slapped (from all sides) and we'll move on.

Management had no problem enduring huge "losses" during the war over nothing more than spite....seems to me a little red ink to save some jobs wouldn't be too much to ask. I don't see where we have lost any money.....yet.

Read the BRK report... Not insignificant and there is other public information indicating the significance. 2005 was nothing compared to 2009 and what may follow. I won't/can't go there.

Nonetheless, I have no doubt we will exit this downturn stronger.

In context, when we exit, as indicated in my first post on this thread - the landscape will be different. The competition NetJets has in the future will be different than what we had in 2008. A lot of the industry segment "evolution" has already begun.

Last edited:
I am sure we'll be calling this "The Summer of ICOMs - but now you know the framework. More importantly, an ICOM isn't a conversation. Out of respect, sometimes the conversation is more effective.

I go a little out of school from time to time. Life goes on, I can get my hands slapped (from all sides) and we'll move on.

We have an elected leadership to converse with, I'm just a simple line pilot.
I'm sure you have their numbers.
Respectfully

We need to look at targeting aggregate workdays/hours - not head count. Knowing the pilot group the way I do, I would submit most would rather work a few less days than see a peer and fellow pilot have to go through a furlough. But, that will be up to the pilot group. As an example, having every pilot working the 7&7 and trading extended days for comp days would significantly reduce the excess workdays and number of pilots that could/would traditionally be captured in a furlough. ;) Again, we are dealing with 2010 now, 2009 is already behind us.

FWIW,

So let me get this straight, someone in CMH decides to hire pilots when most of the pilots on the line were questioning this, and now we get to take one for the team. Wow.

Reponsibility, accountability, maybe thinking before acting.... Words that many in CMH fail to understand. I'm not talking about RTS, I'm talking about the people that fail to think before they act in CMH and then run around trying to cover for themselves. Pathetic.

Latest resources

Back