NetJets Hopefuls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
scarlet said:
sent my resume 1/05/06. got the email couple of days later..received..

got application in mail...sent back today 2-13-06 overnight let you know what happens currently 121 but only commerical pilot...and they know that

They know that you are related to Chuck Yeager! ;-)
Don't have a nap to do?

Going2Baja said:
Thanks OZ, will be trying to find out what happened this week. My guess is recency, but who knows? Thanks for the vote of confidence!!

Baja.

If you find out it's recency would let us know or send a PM? I've got a friend with DC-10 Intl Cargo PIC time and DC-9 & CL-65 type ratings. I sent a LOR in for him but he hasn't flown in over a year. Within 24 hours of emailing the LOR I got an inquiry from Pilot Recruitment about how was he staying current & competitive. So maybe recency is a big deal, even if you have Intl Widebody Captain time.

AirBear

Hey guys wish me luck. I'm about to start the drive up for the meet and greet tonite! I'll give everyone a progress report on Thursday.

Good luck to you, inthewind. Let us know what happens.

AirBear8 said:
If you find out it's recency would let us know or send a PM? I've got a friend with DC-10 Intl Cargo PIC time and DC-9 & CL-65 type ratings. I sent a LOR in for him but he hasn't flown in over a year. Within 24 hours of emailing the LOR I got an inquiry from Pilot Recruitment about how was he staying current & competitive. So maybe recency is a big deal, even if you have Intl Widebody Captain time.

AirBear

Yes recency is a "thanks but no thanks" You HAVE to be current and flying. I was in CMH last week and went over to ask about a buddy also. He had not flown in 16 months. He has over 10K in time but is not flying. So no dice on the interview.

Who are you guys addressing your coverletter to? I have been looking around but I'm not sure who it should go to.

Last edited:
dang

Sorry for the hose job Baja. I figured you had it nailed. As one who has been turned down by many, (United and NWA when they were cool, Skywest, etc, etc.) I feel your pain. The weird part is, I've had offers and jobs from other majors/regionals where I presenting myself identically in the interview, flew the sim the same, put down the same answers on the fill in the blank tests, and used the same run on sentences in my essays. I'm a bad lier, so I've always been prepared, told the truth, and hoped for the best. Some places it's worked others it hasn't.

I bet you're right about the currency thing. Do talk to Derinda.

The crazy thing about it is, when they have really ramped up hiring in the past, they've hired much further down the "experience chain". (I know you've got experience) There are NJA program managers who got hired years ago from flight instructing jobs.

Re apply. In 6 months there may be a full-on hiring frenzy and they'll just be "confirming a pulse"....It has been that way in the past any way.

Hell, in 6 months you may be at SWA or FedEx, thanking your luck stars.

I'm not into hugging whales but I may try a week of baja sun and fishing some day.

What color was your tie?

No hose job - It was my bad in the sim and next time I'll have it together. Am I bummed, Yes..But I'll get it next time. It's been 5 1/2 years since I have flown anything large (EMB-120.) I sat sideways at NWA for 1.75 yrs and then took close to three years off from flying all together. Now I'm getting back into it, SEL to Baja and interviews for local charter next week. By the time another NJ interview comes around I'll be primed. Things happen for a reason and it's a person’s duty to find that reason. Time will only tell. Derinda is a straight shooter and I very much appreciate that. From my little experience with NJA I would say to anyone interviewing any time soon - believe the gouge, be yourself, and have a positive attitude and what will happen will happen. Go in there trying to be someone else and they will see right through you. I'm not drinking the Kool-aid, but as for all the fractionals out there currently, NJA seems to have the best contract and work rules. There are guys at Flex, Options and CS that love their jobs and those that hate it, as I'm sure the same holds true for NJA & NJI. If you don't like it then try and change it, but putting down others and their place of employment isn't the way to go about anything! (But some of the posts here are good for a chuckle here and there.)

Good luck to all in upcoming interviews and I hope to see you guys in the schoolhouse in 5 months!

Baja.

Baja - what sort of plane are you flying these days?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back