• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Gv Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
People people people ... one more time .. this is not about NJA and NJI .. It is about NJA and RTS. Unavoidably and unfortunately the good folks at NJI are caught in the middle, for which I am truly sorry. BTW I have a smile on my face every day at NJA .. still beats working for a living.

DO-82 driver said:
Uncle Warren disbanding NJA with "replacement" pilots is even financially impossoble in that more than 2600 pilots would be needed, in various types of airplanes. How long would that take to accomplish when they can't even handle the training they need to do now.

Everyone...NJA, NJI, EJM, NJE and whatever other NJ company there is out there would never survive.

I saw this very scenario happen at Eastern in 1989...they hired and trained and put on the line more than 2800 pilots in approx 6 months...it can be done and ALPA under-estimated that fact! So don't fool your self into thinking that it can't happen at NJA.

old*art said:
People people people ... one more time .. this is not about NJA and NJI .. It is about NJA and RTS. Unavoidably and unfortunately the good folks at NJI are caught in the middle, for which I am truly sorry. BTW I have a smile on my face every day at NJA .. still beats working for a living.

If your battle is with RTS, then leave NJI alone! We will be happy to continue doing our job day to day with out IBT/Teamsters 1108 or any other union...just think Jimmy Hoffa's boys!! How disgusting....

wolfpackpilot said:
Point well made. I dont think it could be pulled off either, not without severe damages to the corporation as it stands now. That being said, my point was to only illustrate there is a limit to how much "game playing" a management is willing to take from its employees, (unionized or not).

I'll let the cat out of the bag a little. I worked for 3 airlines, all under the banner of ALPA. 2 of them no longer exist... period... their gone. The 3rd is in so much trouble I doubt it will survive. I held an elected position at one. We ranted and marched around and wore union pins and lanyards, had catered meals at LEC meetings, blah blah blah. We "thought" we knew what was going on the inside of the Corporation, we were wrong. In the end we gave millions of givebacks for nothing, the companies failed, and too many good people lost jobs and had to start over. Pilots were (and still are) employees who made the wheel turn... thats it. We dont get to say where the wheel goes.

Unions never have and never will:
  • Stop Bad Managers from making stupid decisions
  • Stop Corporations from trashing their own products
  • Make decisions at the Board of Directors level which plot the course of the company

Wolf, I have to admit that your last couple of posts have been spot on. If only they were required reading for eveyone at ALPA and 1108. Unions are like communism, good idea on paper, but don't actually work over time. Human nature prevails and greed and the ever present "what's in it for me mentality" of today shines through. Unions get started for pure reasons, but they all eventually self destruct over time. I hope, for everyone at NJA's sake (pilots and nonpilots alike) that the 1108 does not become like this, but reading posts from some members over this past year has shone me that the potential is there and we'll have to see how it takes shape. As it stands, I give the 1108 a 1/4 chance of getting a favorable opinion from the NMB. I don't see the union spending that kind of money to take on RTS over something that really is just a vendetta and not for the betterment of the pilots' the 1108 is suppose to represent.
My 2 cents, rebut away.

WGF...I was part of the Eastern Thing back on March 10 1989....PHL...walk the line...Believe me...NetJets is in no postion to train the pilots needed to replace 2600+ of us.

This time, the Union will not lket it get as far as Lorenzo took it. I assure you this.

YankeeEcho said:
The big picture is simple - the laws of economics and supply-and-demand always rule in the end. Why do you think NJI is profitable and NJA is not? Why do you think NJI has so many applicants? Why do you you think NJI folks always have a smile on their faces? It's not that complicated!

What a poor generalization.

YankeeEcho said:
The big picture is simple - the laws of economics and supply-and-demand always rule in the end. Why do you think NJI is profitable and NJA is not? Why do you think NJI has so many applicants? Why do you you think NJI folks always have a smile on their faces? It's not that complicated!

Going...going...gone...over the fence...Home Run dude!!!

Guitar rocker said:
What a poor generalization.
Rocker,
Then maybe you can enlighten us as to the simple fact of why SOOO many pilots DON'T want to represented by the 1108 and are applying to NJI? Are they out of their minds? NJI must be doing something right.

What I would like to know is where you get to see the cash flow and who is or isn't making a profit? Unless you work in Omaha I doubt that you or anyone else here has the real numbers....BTW Yankee whoever you are there are applications sitting everywhere...To include those insolvent 121 carries. Numbers of applications are by no means indicate which place is better to work for. They are an indication of an industry that has too many applicants for jobs available. Nothing more...

That brings up something I was wondering about. Where I am located back when the Eastern Thing happened. I lot of guys scabed, (not me,not that I really cared I just did not know anything back then) are any of those people working for NJA? I was just womdering how that worked.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back