Netjets Gv Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DO-82 driver said:
SPY...Thanks for the post. It only confirms that you are offering your opinion as fact. I truely believe you will be proven wrong.

I have been through 2 NMB mergers.....both of them have had the pilot groups merge on a ratio basis. The relationship betweem NJA and NJI is the closest I have seen in the mergers I have experienced.

Everytime I get a brief that states the owners are Gulfstream owners I save it as evidence. I have quite a few in my files. So do alot of other guys.

Can a Flex Jet owner call NJA and request an Ultra for one of their trips?....NO Freaking Way!!!

Can a NJI GV owner request an NJA X to take them across the pond if only 1 person is one board?.....every day.

I vote for a fair and financially responsible merger.

I have only been stating my opinion on any of this. I don't mean to imply or read anything on this board as 100 percent factual. As far as your point that Gulfstream owners fly with NJA, ok. There is a subtle distinction. There is money changing hands everytime it happens, from NJI to NJA. If you will allow an analogy, something like code sharing on major airlines. Obviously the rules are different, but they are decided on by NJA and NJI on who can request what. Like Delta passengers flying on Aeromexico (or whoever is part of their group these days). The passengers by one ticket but fly on different company's planes and money changes hands. The rules are set by the respective companys. Until the NMB happens everyone has an opinion on what might happen. I just don't see why the importance on this fight for your union when you could be worrying about other pressing QOL issues.

Spyguy said:
I just don't see why the importance on this fight for your union when you could be worrying about other pressing QOL issues.

Why do we have to choose Single Carrier over QOL????

I am confident that both issues, and many more, can be addressed at the same time.

Nice try Spyguy with the codeshare analogy, but you do not see Delta airplanes in the Aeromexico literature, you do not see Delta pilots coming to fly Aeromexico airplanes, you do not see Aeromexico pilots getting the benefits negotiated by Delta pilots, and the list goes on and on ....

old*art,
Good point on the literature. The pay doesn't mean a hill of beans. The entire industry's wages went up, and NJI's pay is different just ask a new hire or older captain. The pay also comes from an entirely different pot of money controlled by NJI. And lastly, and I may have misread this, I believe that the LOA where it was negotiated for NJA guys to fly w/ NJI, states that nothing in that portion of the LOA can be brought up at the NMB. So, that arguement goes away too. And the list goes on.

I did not say pay .. I said benefits. You share in numerous areas that were part of or obtained by NJA. And I would bet my hat some of what you get is just to irritate NJA pilots. Case in point, if the domiciles are such a money saver, why wasn't NJI put on it when the idea first came up ?

old*art - you're wasting your time arguing with Spyguy - he doesn't work at NJI. In April he was whining that he couldn't get hired at NJI because he doesn't meet the mins - and that's 1108's fault! He's just here talking out his ass:
Spyguy on 4/29/06 said:
No, I have a friend who has worked there basically since they started. The "plan" was to interview soon. Basically, before this you could get hired below their published mins, now, they are putting out that they can't touch anyone below mins period because of the 1108 grievances.

I work at NJI and spy guy does spew some BS now and then, and I can't say wheather he works here or not, I look at it this way, I disagree with spyguy, NJI,NJA,NJE,ETC.. all are under the same dome, money comes from the same pocket, we share everything, from stock lockers to passengers, you guys fly our pax, and we fly yours now and then, there are some benefits that we would like to see, like your overtime/holiday pay, and retirement medical/Dental plan, we don't have that, we get overtime, but it is very useless program, you guys would like to have our home basing and crew meal policy, I have many friends who work at NJA, and when I see NJA pilots at the hotel or FBO, I strike a pleasant conversation and like wise, This bickering back and forth is pointless, what ever the outcome after 3 years, I am sure it will benefit both sides

Lets just get along in the mean time, we all do the same job for the same owners

Batsky,
Well said.

Spy,
How much money do you think this will cost? I am just curious. The next question, how much money do you think we have in the bank already?
Serious questions, I would just like to know what you think.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back