Netjets Gv Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spyguy posted:

....why doesn't the union try to go for Home basing now instead of waiting three years???

Yeah, this was the turd in the punchbowl from the contract. No doubt about it. It was the issue that kept me waiting to vote until the bitter end.

The way I understand it is management floated this stinker in at the last minute (as a wedge issue for now or later?) and it was presented to us to vote on. The good out weighed the bad and we have what we have now. Is it perfect? No.

My gamble was the HBA would not work and the company would ask for relief. We still have stacks of resumes and people lined up to come to work here. Looks like that hand may not pay off. Time will tell.

In answer to your question though, the ball is in managements court on this one.

Delaying the contract another year may have permanently crippled NetJets. We fought over 4 years and both sides were getting bloodied. In the end it was my hope that not enough pilot applicants would be willing to move to one of the 5 domiciles or would not be willing to commute long distances. If the company could not attract enough pilots, they would be forced to expand the choices for new hires.

So far it appears there are plenty of qualified applicants that are willingly choosing to take the job under the conditions offered. If they're happy then I'll accept their decision to take the job. We'll address this issue in about 4 years unless the applicant pool dries up before then.

Majik said:
We (NJA pilots)Let's just stop all of the chest thumping and let the courts decide. I promise to live with the decision if you will.

That's the most wise statement you've ever made. I agree.

Im off to fly the world and screw up the radio calls in Europe.:nuts:

Hog,

I dont know the numbers for this year, but its under 15.

Here was my original post:
Majik said:
We (NJA pilots) feel that NJI was formed as a separate company specifically to avoid unionization (letting the pilots have a choice). Let's let the courts determine if that's true. Santulli promised that they would later be combined. He lied. We would like all of our pilots to have the same ability to fly from home like NJI. Santulli says fly from home is too expensive.

Again, it's not some stupid vendetta on NJI although I understand why you want to try to spin it that way. I have a choice and I choose to pursue the single carrier thingy. You don't have a choice. You chose not to have a choice. You brag about not having a choice. Let's just stop all of the chest thumping and let the courts decide. I promise to live with the decision if you will.
Here's what you cut and pasted to make it look a quote:
Majik said:
We (NJA pilots)Let's just stop all of the chest thumping and let the courts decide. I promise to live with the decision if you will.
I was tempted to type something out of context and misquote you in return but I think it serves a better purpose to point out that you intentionally falsified my original post. Now why would you do that? Couldn't debate the issue on merits so you made something up? How does that make your side look? You must be taking a page out of Santulli's playbook - Lie when the truth doesn't suit your purpose...

Last edited:
Majik said:
If you were a new hire at NJA (and you did a little research) you would know that NJA pilots had a choice of a significant raise OR HBAs for all. You may not have come to NJA if we hadn't achieved a significant raise but it would have been a choice YOU made. So now every new hire has to make a decision. Do I accept the job knowing that I have to use one of the 5 domiciles? You say if you were a new hire and made the decision to accept the offer you would be pissed??? At yourself for making the decision or at the pilots that fought to increase wages? We can't go after changing the domicile thingy until 2010 because we signed the contract. The single carrier thingy is totally different and the only part of single carrier that we agreed to in the contract was to not take it to court until Nov 2008. Totally different animals. We will pursue HBAs for all when the Railway Labor Act allows us to. I wish we could always pick and choose which rules to follow but it doesn't work that way Sport.

So the question boils down to this - Will the court rule that NJA and NJI are similar companies within the same corporation and was NJI created separately from NJA to avoid unionization?

Majik,
Again I will piont out that the NMB AND the next contract will use a lot of money. The 1108 is not that big and limited in money. Again, I will bring up the Big Brothers at national Teamsters. The NMB will not gain you that much as far as dues are concerned. Why would the national Teamsters waste their money to help a local with a Vendetta that will not gain that much? I was not referring to new guys getting pissed now, I was referring to the two seperate (but coming from the same pot of money) battles that will take place within a couple of years of each other. I would be pissed if I were a new guy and you guys went whole heartedly after NJI and not have enough left over for a solid contract fight.

On a seperate note, RTRHD that was funnier than heck. I laughed my butt off.

Sorry, I was tired and can't type well to boot. I meant RTS, Mr. Santulli.

ghostrider64 said:
SPy who is this "NTS" you keep speaking of? I'm confused...

Sorry, I was tired and can't type well to boot. I meant RTS, Mr. Santulli.
And no Majik, I am not confused.

SPY...Thanks for the post. It only confirms that you are offering your opinion as fact. I truely believe you will be proven wrong.

I have been through 2 NMB mergers.....both of them have had the pilot groups merge on a ratio basis. The relationship betweem NJA and NJI is the closest I have seen in the mergers I have experienced.

Everytime I get a brief that states the owners are Gulfstream owners I save it as evidence. I have quite a few in my files. So do alot of other guys.

Can a Flex Jet owner call NJA and request an Ultra for one of their trips?....NO Freaking Way!!!

Can a NJI GV owner request an NJA X to take them across the pond if only 1 person is one board?.....every day.

I vote for a fair and financially responsible merger.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back