Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Gulfstreams & Globals - Coexisting?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another question is what are the G-IV Captains who are junior to NJA First Officers going to do when their airplanes go away and they can only hold First Officer positions?

Whine and cry I'm guessing. What will be really awesome is when guys start getting recalled into the Globals. Wonder if they'll stick some horse manure 5000 hr requirement to fly it....

Last edited:
I won't be surprised if the junior G-IV captains are allowed to displace into Globals, but there will be some serious ill-will if it does happen. Honestly I doubt they will lose the 4 stripes, but they will most likely get to displace to smaller airframes. As far as recalls going to the Globals- that just won't happen. The position is higher pay so they will be filled by open bid or by displacement, but not by recall- pretty much everyone who isn't furloughed would go bananas if this happens since there are around 500 pilots senior who would most likely want the positions.

Seat lock in the Gulfsteam program is either 4 or 5 years- can't remember off the top of my head, though FOs who haven't been captain are allowed to bid out to the first available captain slot in another airplane. There have been a handful of legacy captains who have bid into the right seat in the Gulfstreams for various reasons like wanting to do that kind of flying or setting themselves up for lucrative flying on the side. All FO positions on the IVs have been filled by legacy pilots for the last few years and the last G-V bid went all legacy also. I really don't have any idea how many legacy pilots are in the Gulfstream program now- probably somewhere around 20% of the Gulfstream pilots, but I really don't know. There have been exactly 0 former NJI pilots bidding out of the Gulfsteams. Since they were merged the only open bids have been into the Gulfstreams- all others have been displacement bids only open to those being displaced. That said, it is possible that there are former NJI pilots who have their airframe bids including other airframes, but until their are open bids for those airframes that they can hold with their seniority, nobody will know for sure if any want out. I would have to guess the only possible place some might try for would be the Falcon 2000EZ since it has the same pay and does considerably less flying outside the US and probably averages much, much shorter legs.

Hey Landlover nice avitar if you don't mind me asking were did you find that picture of tanker 16 SP2H Neptune.

Another question is what are the G-IV Captains who are junior to NJA First Officers going to do when their airplanes go away and they can only hold First Officer positions?

Word is that Delta is hiring in 2012/13.

Hey Landlover nice avitar if you don't mind me asking were did you find that picture of tanker 16 SP2H Neptune.

i found it somewhere on the internet. I never did any tanker work but that picture is too rad not to share.

The VSL determines fleet/seat... If one is available.

Musical chairs comes to mind.

No cheating allowed.

The VSL determines fleet/seat... If one is available.

Musical chairs comes to mind.

No cheating allowed.

You had better read about "Displacement bids" in our contract. VSL has absolutely nothing to do with it. It is sad that you don't know this.

You had better read about "Displacement bids" in our contract. VSL has absolutely nothing to do with it. It is sad that you don't know this.

So, what does this mean (for those who don't work at Netjets)? Would a former NJI Gulfstream FO likely get bumped to a smaller aircraft as the Globals arrive? Are the former NJI pilots protected on that aircraft as long as the Gulfstreams are on the property? How does displacement work at Netjets?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back