Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Gulfstreams & Globals - Coexisting?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Given the amount of NJA types with heavy / international experience, I'm calling partial BS. "Partial" because many of those guys aren't senior enough to "crossover" to the G. The guys that are going, maybe shouldn't. Call it a byproduct of the seniority system and NJA having been a crappy place to work pre-2005.

In the meantime, the elitism coming from SOME former NJI types is ridiculous. We all work for the same company (some of you do anyway). Get over yourselves and enjoy your contract and representation we paid for. Sounds like you might need it sooner rather than later given the current management "team".

Wow, as a super junior guy and a beechjet driver, I think your assumptions are flawed. I was a heavy driver flying internationally back in the early nineties. I think I would do just fine as a G FO. Hell, I might even teach the Captain a thing or two...

At a guess, two Beechjet F/O's, two Excel Captains, an Excel F/O and a partidge in a pear tree. The Hawker Captain probably has a little.

Self serving hog wash.
Another disgruntled "front door" NJI guy.
I guess its better to hide in "anonymity" in the ether of flight info.

I managed to fly to Kuwait City and back to the US later after operating for some months along the Iraq border ... with stops at Sondrestrom Reykavic Keflavic Prestwick Oberfafenhafen Brindisi Corfu Cyprus Cairo and Dahran after only using Jepps for the first time for about 3 months ... just by reading volume 1 before I left. No International training outside North America other than military helicopter operations from military fields and US Navy ships afloat only.

Had an engine failure while crossing the Atlantic for the first time. Gotta admit I had a really rotten feeling in the pit of my stomach when that happened.

The more experience the better but its everyone's first time once.

Last edited:
Once again, you all missed the point.

Or, maybe once again, you begin back peddling. :rolleyes:
Your buds didn't do so well making their points here or on the union site either.:laugh:

i dont know about gutshot's track record on other matters but from my outside view point it seems that guys are showing up to class unprepared.

At a guess, two Beechjet F/O's, two Excel Captains, an Excel F/O and a partidge in a pear tree. The Hawker Captain probably has a little.

Actually there were 3 Beechjet F/Os and I would be willing to bet that one of the Beechjet F/Os has more international time than you have total time in your Geeewhiz jet.

i dont know about gutshot's track record on other matters but from my outside view point it seems that guys are showing up to class unprepared.
Now you miss the point.
This isn't rocket science, in fact, it is pretty straight forward stuff, get over it, para-phrased from a member of the past leadership team now employed by a major over night carrier.
I venture you folks posting this crap on FI are disgruntled, and willing to throw your fellow colleagues, actually anyone, under a bus to keep doing the "international" stuff.
If you have the stones to back up what you claim, post it on the union board, otherwise, its baseless internet trash talk.:pimp:

Once again, you all missed the point.

Oh, let me guess, scare everyone, so you can get attention.
People who earned the right (seniority) to fly the G whiz, are unprepared and come to class not knowing what QFE means.
Irregardless of the fact they might know it after they complete it.
I can assure you, there are many lower level university courses, that would eliminate the objections you point out in probably one hour, maybe two.
Get over yourself.
You're one of the few who can save us all with your keen observations, skills and recommendations.
Of course, there's that pesky CBA, probably written and negotiated by folks with a little more training experience than yourself.
Stop the fear mongering, and start respecting your fellow crew members and colleagues.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back