Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Gulfstreams & Globals - Coexisting?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The company gets to decide what airplanes to offer to the pilots who are being displaced. They bid and get awarded in seniority order, but only among those being displaced that were offered that specific bid. Most likely the FOs who were hired by NJI will be displaced to the right seat in the Globals, even though their company wide seniority wouldn't hold it and the company has said that they will only use company wide seniority order. The company tells a lot of lies and has a history of protecting the NJI pilots (especially with two of the higher management positions filled by former NJI pilots). Everyone already in the Gulfstream has their seat protected as long as the airplane they are on is not displaced. The G-IVs have already started to get sold so unless the pilots on it get a bid into the G-V before the IVs are gone, they will be at the mercy of the company to offer the Globals to those getting displaced- they might get it, they might not.

You had better read about "Displacement bids" in our contract. VSL has absolutely nothing to do with it. It is sad that you don't know this.

Oh, I know about displacement language.

I also know what happens when language like this is used improperly.

It is what it is.

Oh, I know about displacement language.

I also know what happens when language like this is used improperly.

It is what it is.

Not taking sides, but can you explain why allowing a G-IV FO to displace into a Global 5000 would be considered using the displacement language improperly if his GIV is replaced by the Global? Am I missing something here?

Last edited:
Thats easy. The Global will pay more than most other fleets. Therefore should be bid by Seniority.

So, you're saying the G-IV guy should take a pay cut because his airplane is replaced with a new one? Not sure I agree with that one.

Displacements should then be directed to the vacancies created by those who bid by seniority into the Global.

Again, maybe I'm missing something. That sounds like plane old bidding not displacement bidding. I understand if you don't agree there should be a displacement bid, but if the language is in the contract, it seems this is the ideal situation to use it.

From an unamed (here anyways) senior management type, the plan is to open the Global bids to the entire seniorty list. That's how it should work for any new aircraft, and I would imagine that will be one area in the CBA that will be clarified when section 6 bargaining resumes. As Gunfighter mentioned, no pay cut is involved for FOs, and seniority means more than paying higher dues.

The company gets to decide what airplanes to offer to the pilots who are being displaced. They bid and get awarded in seniority order, but only among those being displaced that were offered that specific bid. Most likely the FOs who were hired by NJI will be displaced to the right seat in the Globals, even though their company wide seniority wouldn't hold it and the company has said that they will only use company wide seniority order. The company tells a lot of lies and has a history of protecting the NJI pilots (especially with two of the higher management positions filled by former NJI pilots). Everyone already in the Gulfstream has their seat protected as long as the airplane they are on is not displaced. The G-IVs have already started to get sold so unless the pilots on it get a bid into the G-V before the IVs are gone, they will be at the mercy of the company to offer the Globals to those getting displaced- they might get it, they might not.

As of last month, there are 33 "crossover" G-IV PIC's and 86 NJI-hired G-IV PIC's.

There are exactly FOUR NJI-hired F/O's left in the G-IV, one of whom is in the top 800 of the seniority list. There are 15 "crossover" F/O's in the GIV.

Therefore, IF the company elected to put the GIV into disposal just prior to delivery of the Globals and displace GIV pilots into that fleet, the bulk of the positions would be awarded to NJA pilots that had enough seniority in the first place to hold the Gulfstream bid.

How the company elects to do it is anybody's guess. And frankly, I don't care. And judging by what I'm hearing from the classrooms in Savannah, I wouldn't want to be in the training department on the Gulfstream OR the Global.

How the company elects to do it is anybody's guess. And frankly, I don't care. And judging by what I'm hearing from the classrooms in Savannah, I wouldn't want to be in the training department on the Gulfstream OR the Global

Are you saying you've got some dummies that will be heading to school?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back