• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Globals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a convert to the Bombardier products myself, you guys are gonna love the CL300 and the CL605. I love my ride - the CL300 is comfortable up front, a great performer (West Coast to Hawaii is easy most of the time), fantastic PL21 system with huge screens and very easy to use. The CL605 is basically the same up front but you guys will have an FA to take care of the pax. I've heard pilots who have flown both claim the CL605 handles more like a truck than the CL300 but I haven't flown one myself to compare - still, very positive reviews for both.

BTW, every Global pilot I have talked to (many of them - both at the training centers and at our favorite FBOs), loves the airplane. It is rare that I hear many negatives these days. Sure, there were some reliability issues in the past, but I don't hear many negatives these days. It is a big airplane and the passengers tend to love it. Great presence on the ramp too with its high profile. Plus, I hear that Proline Fusion is absolutely top notch with the full HUD set-up and new symbology, etc. True, I've never flown a Gulfstream and they have many loyal pilots, but the Global only appears to be getting better and better over time. It is a true intercontinental airplane.

I think it will be a big money maker for you guys at Netjets. Can't wait to see them in your colors at ASE, VNY, HPN, TEB, PBI and the other regular stops.

yeah no kidding...

We were sent paperwork that said recalls starting in Summer 2012, then it was moved to 2013, then 2014 now even farther back.....For the next 3 years or so I'll be curious if resigning my number was a good move (self imposed timeframe).... As it stands right now it seems like it was.

Yeah the banana curve recover looks shot. I think things will just stay at the status quo for quite a while.

From the slow economic recovery, I think the only way guys will come back is through attrition. We all know you fly til you die at NJA, so don't count on a 68 year old to look at retiring (although this population, pilots in their 60s, really only makes up 10-15%ish of our group.) Even if they all go, NJ will still not recall, they will just say we are "right sizing" the pilot group. And even if the majors do start hiring, many guys will stay bc of the quality of life and we do have good pay/benfits....until the next contract...then you might see a mass exodus.

All will be good at Nja when the airlines go to age 70 and then all the old farts can go back and be useless there :)

Yeah the banana curve recover looks shot. I think things will just stay at the status quo for quite a while.

From the slow economic recovery, I think the only way guys will come back is through attrition. We all know you fly til you die at NJA, so don't count on a 68 year old to look at retiring (although this population, pilots in their 60s, really only makes up 10-15%ish of our group.) Even if they all go, NJ will still not recall, they will just say we are "right sizing" the pilot group. And even if the majors do start hiring, many guys will stay bc of the quality of life and we do have good pay/benfits....until the next contract...then you might see a mass exodus.

Yeah, I have recently been wondering about that next contract. I have a feeling it will be a pay and benefits cut.

I am already calculating how I am going to spend the big fat Raises we will be getting!

Pilot shortage will be hitting just at the right time during negotiations ....

Its gonna be like timing and hitting a nice juicy hanging curveball over the fence for a Grand Slam home run....

Last edited:
Yes, the majors will be hiring, and their latest contracts include raises as well. NJA pilots will not settle for a cut in their pay and working conditions when the rest of the industry is getting better. Except G4 of course, who is so bad at what he does that he values his abilities at a very low level.

I think Warren's man Barack will make sure there is a surplus of pilots and just about everything except fuel

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back