• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Globals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My experience is if you fly the Global every day it is very reliable. It doesn't like to sit for long periods which shouldn't be an issue at Netjets. I doubt it will ever be as reliable as the G's though. The good news is the plane has ridiculous redundancy, so there is plenty of MEL relief. Also, Like the Citation X, experience operating the plane will make it more reliable because you'll learn how to make the electronics behave when they act up.

There is no doubt it will be much heavier on the controls than a Gulfstream. It's a bit of a truck. On the plus side, you'll have quite a bit more room in the cockpit and galley area behind a closed galley door especially in the 6000.

Mostly, I was wondering what the owners are saying, and I'll also be curious what they say after they've had a chance to fly on the Globals.

I just recently ran across some pictures of NJA's interior spec. They did a great job; It's very nice. Good luck with them.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I doubt they'll receive enough of them, and in any reasonable time frame, to put a dent in the # of a/c Netjets has lost in the last 3 years. Same goes for the Phenom..

It'll take 2 years just to get back to the # of a/c they had this past summer...(411 vs. 396 they're at now), and that's without losing anymore which doesn't look feasible.

I think it's gonna be painfully obvious soon that NJA SIC's will be looking at 15+ year upgrades into a Phenom... Not good

Ask the question again in 18 months. By then, we'll know if Bombardier has delivered on their lofty promises to Netjets or....not.

Personally, I'm laying 3-1 on NOT.

Ask the question again in 18 months. By then, we'll know if Bombardier has delivered on their lofty promises to Netjets or....not.

Personally, I'm laying 3-1 on NOT.

and then? Orders cancelled - GASP! :nuts:

I sat down with a Global pilot a few weeks ago and the jet sounded quite impressive. It cruises comfortably at .85, and can do .89, which is probably how Netjets will fly them. This guy flew G's before, and had nothing but good things to say about them as well, but the Globals are far cheaper than Gulfstream. $60+ Million for a G650?

As far as dispatch reliability, look at the fleet status any given day under the Mobile Manager and you'll see the G is no more reliable than most others in the fleet. All are averaging between 50-70% day to day, including scheduled and unscheduled mx. For example, there are currently 20% of the IV/450 fleet down for unscheduled mx today, and 17% of the CE750's. Very few G's in scheduled mx today, and lots of X's, so overall percentage looks more favorable for the G fleet, but based upon unscheduled mx, the X is slightly more reliable-today. The numbers don't fluctuate all that much though. Reputation by WOM (word of mouth) can be different than the actual numbers. Hopefully the Global will be even better, but only time will tell.

Unfortunately I doubt they'll receive enough of them, and in any reasonable time frame, to put a dent in the # of a/c Netjets has lost in the last 3 years. Same goes for the Phenom..

It'll take 2 years just to get back to the # of a/c they had this past summer...(411 vs. 396 they're at now), and that's without losing anymore which doesn't look feasible.

Yep, I agree. The Globals will just replace the Gulfstreams we sell as they age out, until the economy picks up. With the Fiscal Cliff coming in January, 2013 might be a rough year.

It cruises comfortably at .85, and can do .89, which is probably how Netjets will fly them.

Ummm... doubt it. The airplane loves to fly at M.85, but if you want to fly M.89, you'd better get used to flying below FL350 because that's where MMO starts declining. MMO is .858 at 470 which is still plenty reasonable. We fly .85 all day long every day unless we are really trying to stretch the range. In that case, it's .83 slowing to .82, and for us, that's very rare. You'll also really see the the fuel flow increase above .85.

Ummm... doubt it. The airplane loves to fly at M.85, but if you want to fly M.89, you'd better get used to flying below FL350 because that's where MMO starts declining. MMO is .858 at 470 which is still plenty reasonable. We fly .85 all day long every day unless we are really trying to stretch the range. In that case, it's .83 slowing to .82, and for us, that's very rare. You'll also really see the the fuel flow increase above .85.

We fly the V and 550 at .85, with similar considerations on longer than 5000 nm trips.

Does anyone know how NetJet’s customers are reacting the Global order? Clearly, the G650 is the top end the market these days, but it’s also quite a bit more expensive. Any idea what the Gulfstream owners think about the Global order? Anyone know how new Global shares are selling? Just curious if the G-faithful are embracing the change. My guess is owners will fall in love with the cabin once the Globals start hitting the line, but I’m wondering if anyone is hearing much from the customers one way or another.

NO ONE here knows how the Globals are selling, and how the customers are reacting.

The former NJI guys love their Gulfstreams, they're mad at the company for going with Bombardier. So they're going to tell you all kinds of made up stories, " I talked to a passenger, blah, blah blah, BS BS BS"

All we can do is wait and see how it sells

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back