Netjets Globals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do I get my 10 year pin upon recall?:D

I'm curious how many will go back. No real career progression anymore, QOL seems to have slipped. I haven't experienced any real unity from our "brethren" during the furlough, actually quite the opposite. I have a pretty bad 135 gig right now and may defer, IF we don't get sold out in the mean time.....

I'm not interested in a career F.O. position in a Phenom.

I'm there. I got a going nowhere ground job at the moment.

I'm curious how many will go back. I'm out No real career progression anymore,100% true QOL seems to have slipped. I haven't experienced any real unity from our "brethren" during the furlough, actually quite the opposite. I have a pretty bad 135 gig right now and may defer, IF we don't get sold out in the mean time.....

I'm not interested in a career F.O. position in a Phenom. Yeah, after recalls I'd expect all FO's to be in a Phenom or mid size as an FO for most of their remaining careers at NJA[/QUOTE]

These are pretty much all the reasons I had to ponder resigning for maybe 15 seconds, before pulling the trigger.

Wow, they have a handle on what needs are in 4 years...impressive...

What they have is a handle on the delivery and disposal schedule for the next 4 years ( and a guess at attrition rates)... Airframes are about the only thing that will drive recalls. Not how much current pilots are being worked. IMO

Imacdog and RJ Bum,

I try to keep all my posts respectful in here, but the two of you have felt free to label me, so allow me to educate you on life: it does not always give you what you want. Especially you, RJ Bum. So I need a slice of humble pie? How's this?
1) Did you flight instruct for 4000 hrs? Didn't think so.
2) Did you move to a different state 3 times for employers that all went tits up and then have to start over at pay that was tens of thousands less than your last job? Didn't think so. At least in Asia you make a decent wage (I know about 30 different guys / gals in China, HK and Japan---so don't try to lie and tell me you are not getting paid).
3) Did you take part in the voluntary measures and sacrifice THOUSANDS of dollars so as to try to prevent furloughs of your fellow employees---read that YOU---, only to get kicked in the balls for it with remarks like yours and Imacdog's?
4) Humility??!!! Try digging holes in this damned desert ground with a pick and a shovel, 10 hrs a day, 6 days a week to support your family in between jobs. Especially when you're the only one who speaks English, and you can make out from your broken understanding of Spanish that "the gringo and his college degree are nada".
5) Are you married? Do you have kids? Did you commute literally across the country and see them 4 days per month and miss out on "the little" years" of your kids?
6) Are you helping to supporting your inlaws because they are disabled and can't work?
7) Did you bury your father and help support your mom who is caretaking two of your sisters...one who is retarded and the other with terminal brain cancer?
8) Do you come "that close" to losing your wife in the hospital from a botched up job by her doctor, watching her bleeding to death faster than they could add blood? And now that she had every drop of her own blood replaced, plus two more units in the surgery, she is chronically sick, in and out of the hospital, doctor visits, and always having something wrong. Do you REALLY think I WANT to be gone 18 days a month with this???!!!

I could go on adding to the list, but you know what? There are people who have it worse than me, so I will leave it at that.
The difference between you guys and me is that I refuse to wallow in self pity and get mad at everyone else for the challenges that life has dealt me. I have some hardships, but I believe that hardships build character and strengthen us. You guys, on the other hand, get mad at everyone else and somehow think that the world owes you.
If you think that nobody working the 18 day schedule would bring you back, you are sadly misinformed. We are working our butts off, even in the GLC now. I'm doing 5 leg days just like I was in the Encore: the EMT has made a "new normal" and has no intention of improving ANYTHING. The only difference is that the 18 day schedule is the only way to provide financially for my family and the others that depend on me. And I F*CKING HATE the idea that I have to be gone 18 days to do it. And I max out the FO payscale next June....no more raises of any sort. And I'm supposed to feel sorry for YOU?! I'm 45 years old with less than $20,000 in my life savings, essentially supporting my own family and extended family as well. Am I worried? No. Am I bitter? No. Do I have anything to cry about? NO! All that I have learned from the ups and downs in life is that God will take care of me one way or the other if I only look, and for you nonbelievers, all I can say is that things have a way to work out if you try hard enough. I am quite a different man than I was when I was in my 20's or even 6 months ago.
Stop acting like Ritalin children, who want to play baseball with no scorekeeping because its bad for your self esteem. From the posts and remarks you made it here, I can only deduce that you are spoiled and weak. If you work in Asia, you should all the more see and appreciate what you have been given in this life. There are people who die as I type this reply because they have no water, no food, no medicines, etc.
I have some obstacles, but I have far more to be thankful for than I have to feel bad about. You may want to try the same approach in your attitude and outlook.
You are so busy crying that you have no shoes, that you do not notice that others have no feet.
I refuse to apologize for doing what I have to do to take care of my loved ones. Grow a backbone, borrow one, whatever...but grow up and start taking responsibility and quit blaming everyone else for your situation.

Last edited:
No, it's life. Contrary to what Obama and all your left wing liberal teachers taught you, the world does not owe you a living. WTF? Did they stop telling the story of the ant and the grasshopper in school and replace it with Ni Hao Kailan and that whiney little koala bear?
You're not the only one who ever got furloughed. I was laid off my first flying job when you were still watching Barney the Dinosaur and learning that everyone should come crying to your rescue every time you lose at kickball.
Look, I am sorry that you are furloughed...BTW, "you're welcome" for the voluntary UNPAID time I took to try and save YOUR job. It didn't work. The company played us all like musical instruments and now you come after us "survivors". That's really poor form. How about we all just take a nice big paycut so you can come back? Are you a student of Josef Stalin?
Just because you are having a struggle (and I use that term loosely in America) does not mean that everyone else should be pulled down with you.
This kind of behavior is what gives unions bad names.

Last edited:
Acaterry,

You're wasting your breath. These guys have been told over and over again that staffing is done by the number of aircraft, not the number of duty days. Some simply refuse to listen to it. It is your contractual right to bid the 18 day. It wouldn't matter if all of us went on the 15 day, there would still be no recalls until after the CBA is signed.

Sorry guys, but that is the simple truth of it.

Latest resources

Back