NetJets common carrier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bluepost said:
Unions do not equal failure....look at SWA.

You can't compare the for-profit International Brotherhood of Teamsters with the Southwest Airlines Pilots' Association which is a non-profit association of pilots.

Muddy

Hey mudaber why don't you go over to the major's board or the southwest lounge and explain to them why you hate unions and why you don't want to be part of one. I'd love to see their reaction.

Diesel said:
Hey mudaber why don't you go over to the major's board or the southwest lounge and explain to them why you hate unions and why you don't want to be part of one. I'd love to see their reaction.

It seems like you are twisting Muddys words

do a search on his past posts. History is an interesting teacher.

Muddauber said:
You can't compare the for-profit International Brotherhood of Teamsters with the Southwest Airlines Pilots' Association which is a non-profit association of pilots.

Muddy

In this case he is correct

This is a continuation of a web site article sent to me by a member.

By the way, the Marquis Card people are purchasing the shares of an owner other than Netjets are they not.

"Unfortunately, most employees do not know or clearly understand their choices and legal alternatives vis-a-vis the union. On the one hand, it is common knowledge that employees have the right to join and assist unions. Less well known, however, is employees' right to refrain from supporting the union. This "right to refrain" includes: a) the right to refrain from joining the union in the first place;(3) b) the right to resign from union membership at any time, and thereby escape any post-resignation internal union fines or discipline;(4) and c) the right to stop paying full union dues and instead pay only a reduced "financial core fee" which excludes the union's political and non-collective bargaining expenditures.(5) Unfortunately, many employees are misled into believing, either tacitly or through outright misrepresentations, that they are required as a condition of employment to join the union and pay full dues as a condition of employment.(6) "

Diesel said:

Read my post slowly, sound out the words, move your lips if you have to... try hard to understand what I wrote. You sure didn't get it the first time.

Muddy

Publishers said:
This is a continuation of a web site article sent to me by a member.

By the way, the Marquis Card people are purchasing the shares of an owner other than Netjets are they not.

"Unfortunately, most employees do not know or clearly understand their choices and legal alternatives vis-a-vis the union. On the one hand, it is common knowledge that employees have the right to join and assist unions. Less well known, however, is employees' right to refrain from supporting the union. This "right to refrain" includes: a) the right to refrain from joining the union in the first place;(3) b) the right to resign from union membership at any time, and thereby escape any post-resignation internal union fines or discipline;(4) and c) the right to stop paying full union dues and instead pay only a reduced "financial core fee" which excludes the union's political and non-collective bargaining expenditures.(5) Unfortunately, many employees are misled into believing, either tacitly or through outright misrepresentations, that they are required as a condition of employment to join the union and pay full dues as a condition of employment.(6) "

Pubs……..

You forgot to add one little point……. Signed contract; No UNION card, No Fly company airplanes…….

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back