NetJets common carrier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jesus publishers are you that retarted.

NJA- In our contract it states that our planes can only be flown by union employees or managment (restricted to a certain number of days) No union card no work. Period.

NJI- Has no cba and therefor anybody can fly their airplanes. NJI routinely leases out their airplanes to different companies while their gwhiz planes are down for mx or trips. As long as the crews meet the insurance requirements.

Can't you go somewhere else where they might be impressed with your lackluster career? Maybe the training section or jetcareers.com or airliners.net. They might be impressed with your crap.

Oh and take catyaaak with you.

Old Diesel sure gets upset with corporate pilots, I guess he cant face the truth.
I am upset you did not tell me to leave also, darn.

To many uppers and downers

Why would i get upset at corp pilots. Some of my very best friends are corp guys.

What does anoy me are people that think they know my job and can make wild assumptions about this industry. Use some facts... Back it up.

Oh yeah did you see our record profit this year? Hope we don't close the doors too soon.

diesel was not reading the part about the rights of employees when it comes to unions. I believe what it says is there are various ways where you can have the card but not pay the full dues. In an earlier post, I wondered how that related to seniority.

the short version is that if you disagree or try to bring up some other issues you obviously do not know anything about the job. the fact that seven major newspapers and cnn thought I knew something about the "job" is irrevelant to diesel. I certainly apologize to diesel that I did not have any ambition to be a pilot for a living but rather enjoyed flying my own and some of the aircraft I leased to airlines. in his infinite wisdom, he discounts that I miught have learned anything from the pilots I employed, the pilots who read my publications or articles, or the people I talk with everyday from Netjets and other companies. In fact, my thirty years has been according to some totally wasted as I have learned so little.

furthermore, the fact that the company made money in the US and promptly lost it in Europe belies the net fact which is the company did not make money. surely management knows that there are some limits to the continued sales in the US and wants to develope the European market, all aspects of any business.

Than again, I never learned anything running companies either.

Publisher,

Read Buffett's letter to shareholders more closely. He said the losses by NetJets Europe "largely offset" the profits made by the U.S. operation. "Largely" doesn't mean "fully." The Oracle of Omaha knows the pilots are in contract negotations and want more money, so he said between the lines (wink, wink) that NetJets overall is in the black. Coming out and saying this plainly would jeopardize NetJets management's bargaining position.

He also said that the European operation has been more expensive than anticipated. This is not the pilots' fault; this lies right on management's doorstep. So the big question is this: should the pilots be paying for management's miscalculations, in the form of lower than industry wages?

Publishers said:
diesel was not reading the part about the rights of employees when it comes to unions. I believe what it says is there are various ways where you can have the card but not pay the full dues. In an earlier post, I wondered how that related to seniority. .

This is like the people who advise others to renounce American Citizenship to avoid paying income tax.

OK go ahead and don't pay the dues. You don't get to VOTE! I wonder where the voting members are going to want to see pay distributed in a new contract...

Gee I think the point was that there is much to labor law that might not all be understood and perhaps some research would be well advised. Part of it was to point out that even where you are forced to join the union, you may not be forced to participate past a certain level in the dues paying.

Aeroboy I am not smart enough to have seen enough to make a judgement as this was but part of an article and I do not even know if it includes all parts and EJI or what.

It has been indicated to me on many occassions that the financial success of Netjets is totally dependant on selling enough aircraft shares. In short, the actual operation of the aircraft is not profitable according to the people telling me. I do not want to indicate that I know that because I have only been told that.

On the times that I was asked to look at other peoples fractional operation (relatively small operations), I had trouble seeing where you made any serious money.

For those of you familiar with ILFC and their takeover of the leasing business of commercial jets many years ago, the opportunity to capture significant profit by large orders from manuafacturers allowed the leasing company to make the money that large airlines used to buying aircraft for themselves. That approach is what Netjets did to some extent. The actual operating of the aircraft has all the headaches and little reward. In order to make it work, you have to provide the level of service that the customer would receive if he had his own aircraft. To do that, you have a bunch of crews, a bunch of dead-heading, a bunch of positioning hours, a devalued aircraft, a bunch of purchased charter, and a bunch of support employees.

George Batchleor for those of you who know the business often said there was a ton of money in aviation as long as you did not try and fly the things. A great point.

Bill Lear Jr. said something to the effect that we look at Europe like it should be like us. It is not. It is hardly bigger than Texas.

Netjets should have been paying attention.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back