• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets China Set To Start Ops in Early 2014

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No way does NJA put furloughees over in China (atleast not without the traditional application/interview process completely unrelated to whether or not it is a furloughee).

How would they go about deciding what furloughee gets to go (if they even want to)? Seniority? What if the most senior furloughee has no experience in a Gulfstream/Global, no international experience, hasn't flown in 3 years etc.....

If NJA needs pilots for China, I'd bet they'd go the usual route... Get some of old buddy buddy "A" teamers trained and send them over...

In managements eyes, there are no furloughees.. Atleast none to worry about in the near/mid future.

I am surprised they haven't said how they will staff the planes.

I have lived and worked here for the airline side of things for three years and like to keep up on the different aviation developments here in China. I don't know much about Netjets aside from what I read on forums and the basic business model as a whole, so I am an outsider on this technically.
But out of curiosity how do you guys plan on working this future gig over here? Will you live here? Just spend one month here then go home for a month? What kind of schedules are we looking at? Who's regs wil you operate under? The Chinese ATC system is not designed(there is no design actually) for on demand flights. You need to schedule at least a day in advance to go somewhere from what I have been told.
China, is a whole different can of worms than what a lot of you guys have ever experienced I will guarantee. It could be the experience of a lifetime or a nightmare. Something else just occurred to me. If you have to earn a Chinese ATP AND MEDICAL!?
Then lets consider if you have a family. Terrible air pollution, questionable water, food, IRS and taxes, frequent long hauls to the U.S.(killer), massive cultural differences, to name a few.
Just some of my thoughts. I would be interested to here from you guys(gals). Cheers

In my opinion, they should staff it like they did NJME. Everyone interviews there and it is a separate job, but NJA pilots and furloughees have retreat rights back to NJA (with their seniority numbers and longevity) as long as they are not fired for just cause. I would prefer a different way of scheduling to the way they did it at NJME though- 35 on and 31 off could be offered I guess with the ability to live anywhere you want, but I would be fine with 7&7 while being based in Hong Kong, Macao, or elsewhere in Asia reasonably close to China.

I heard that a recent recurrent class was told all the hiring would be totally separate from NJA. I think they are looking to cheap out on the pilots. I hope this bites them in the butt when they realize that pilots with experience over there don't come cheap and a deal with the NJA pilots like they had for NJME would probably be able to get them plenty of pilots and also get them for less than the going rate over there now. I'm sure they will probably start some ab-initio training program for the locals, but that takes years to spool up. The current way of cheaping out whenever possible by management here is already leaving the door wide open for the compition. I honestly won't be surprised to see lots of other companies kick NetJets China's butt right out the back door before it can ever really establish itself.

I don't know where they will get experienced large cabin international Captains if they don't pay. The going rate in China is 225-250K. I don't think they'll attract manny desirable Expats for much less. There are plenty of high paying jobs for experienced expats there now. I don't see how adding airframes will reverse that trend.

I don't know where they will get experienced large cabin international Captains if they don't pay. The going rate in China is 225-250K. I don't think they'll attract manny desirable Expats for much less. There are plenty of high paying jobs for experienced expats there now. I don't see how adding airframes will reverse that trend.

yes i'll have to agree with you there.

They might offer expats the same bennies we get here at NJA, plus the option of coming back to the U.S at a later time to work for EJM

but that won't be enough, they're gonna have to pay up

I'll do it for a while if they offer it to me. I'd love to see Singapore, Japan, Vietnam, Australia and all those places... Sadly i don't care for China

Last edited:
A word of advice, don't repeat your above statement in the job interview. ;)

If you have a Gulfstream 550 or Global Express rating in your pocket, you could practically spit in their eye and you'll land the gig in Asia these days.

Latest resources

Back