Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gret

AIN Alerts-NetJets China Set To Start Ops in Early 2014

NetJets? joint venture in the People?s Republic of China is making headway since announcing its entry into the country?s private aviation market during last year?s ABACE. ?We are continuing to make great progress in gaining approval from the Chinese government to establish operations in China,? a NetJets China spokeswoman told AIN. ?We are on target now to have approval in the first quarter of 2014.? It will begin by managing and chartering aircraft that are wholly owned by customers, rather than launching into fractional ownership as it did several years ago in the U.S. and Europe. However, fractional aircraft and card services may be added later as the market for private aviation services in China continues to develop, it noted. As well as the aircraft management services for customers who own their own aircraft, NetJets China plans to provide charter air transportation services using selected aircraft from its managed fleet. In addition, the company recently introduced a new product for China-based travelers, both individual and corporate, called The Private Jet Travel Card. This allows Chinese customers to access NetJets? service in the continental U.S., the EU and Switzerland.

Would be nice if they offer some of those slots to our furloughed guys (those that plan on coming back)

The wealthy Chinese like long-range aircraft, I'm sure most of the aircraft Netjets will manage there will be Globals, Gulfstreams and Falcons. Good opportunity for furloughed guys to pick up a good type and get some good int'l experience. I'm sure most of the flying will be to Singapore, Japan, Hong Kong, Australia and California plus the occasional trip to Europe

According to this article, Gulfstreams, Globals, Falcons, BBJs and ACJs make up 80% of aircraft sales in China

http://ainonline.com/aviation-news/...bombardier-dominate-chinas-business-jet-fleet

Last edited:
Well I'd rather not discuss that on a public forum but i do see what you're saying.

Besides with so many charter type-rated guys already looking at going over-seas for more money, why would the company buy a furloughed guy a $60k type-rating? Just some wishful thinking on my part

Well I'd rather not discuss that on a public forum but i do see what you're saying.

Besides with so many charter type-rated guys already looking at going over-seas for more money, why would the company buy a furloughed guy a $60k type-rating? Just some wishful thinking on my part
Well, is you're going to include furloughed guys in that conversation it's going to be on a public forum.

I would hope NJASAP wouldn't consider any kind of trade off to get furloughed guys over there should the company come asking. It's not worth it and unlikely anyway.

I would hope NJASAP wouldn't consider any kind of trade off to get furloughed guys over there should the company come asking. It's not worth it and unlikely anyway.

I agree.

And I expect the company will be looking for type ratings and experience in the aircraft to be operated, at least while the program is getting up and running. They'll try to leverage the Netjets name and reputation (stability, Berkshire financial backing, etc.) in order to recruit qualified crews just as much as they'll use the name to find customers. Unfortunately, there are precious few of NJ furloughed pilots that have those type ratings.

What impact does the CBA have on operations in China?

The only impact that I see is that the company will do everything it can to AVOID having a union on the property in China.

Which is another factor that argues against them offering furloughed pilots any positions over there. I think it also virtually rules out ANY possibility of TDY assignments for NJA pilots helping them get started as was the case in Europe.

The only impact that I see is that the company will do everything it can to AVOID having a union on the property in China.

Which is another factor that argues against them offering furloughed pilots any positions over there. I think it also virtually rules out ANY possibility of TDY assignments for NJA pilots helping them get started as was the case in Europe.

There will never EVER be a union in China..if Chinese airlines (or Asian airlines for that matter) don't allow unions, I don't even want to think what a wealthy Chinese bizjet-traveler would say about that

If our union tries to spread to that part of the world, we're done in China

There will never EVER be a union in China..if Chinese airlines (or Asian airlines for that matter) don't allow unions, I don't even want to think what a wealthy Chinese bizjet-traveler would say about that

If our union tries to spread to that part of the world, we're done in China

Funny how communists hate unions ... They saw what happened in Poland.

Latest resources

Back