• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets China Set To Start Ops in Early 2014

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know NJ is just doing a charter jet management approach at first, but I'm sure once they get going, they will start fractional ownership.....BUT.....

I find it interesting that Deer Jet, which has been an established charter outfit in China for sometime now, has just announced fractional ownership on Gulfstream jets.

What many don't know is that in order for a US company as well as other foreign countries to be allowed into China you need to do two things. 1. Have a Chinese sponsor (most likely with ties to the Chinese government) 2. You must turn over all of your propitiatory company information to the Chinese. This may sound nuts, but you are promised big profits. Just when you get started, and things look good for your company, all of a sudden a Chinese competitor (most likely with state owned roots) pops up selling a product that looks suspiciously like yours and even uses your patents but sells it at a fraction of your price. Of course you sue, and while the Chinese court takes forever to get through your case, you are losing tons of money. Finally the Chinese rule that they don't see the similarities in the products and you lose.

So hang in their NJ, but don't be surprised if multiple Chinese fractional/management corporations pop up, do it for less, and drive you from the market. We teach them how to do it, then they turn on us and kick us out.

Hurray for Chinese free enterprise.

Latest resources

Back