Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets' Captains need to get over themselves!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't confronted anyone about it

The only part of the post that says anything about your situation. The rest is just static.

I laughed at your ID name here, PORTER. A porter is one who carries and/or handles bags. So, you knew your place long before you even signed on with NJA.

:laugh::laugh:Burn!

Last edited:
I had a tour a month ago where the CA offered me to fly a pax leg in the X. I did from the right seat and since I ferry from the left seat, it was a fun challenge. But, I was not expecting to fly any pax legs and this was my first. In fact, when offered another time I passed. I have nothing to prove at this point in my career and the paycheck is the same even if I am sitting in a hotel. I agree with Skiand surf (those of you who know this great guy know he neither skiis or surfs) that I prefer to fly form the left seat but if they change it to right seat flying for SIC..oh well. No big deal. I have had tours where all we did was ferry and I flew everything and tours where we never ferry and I never flew. I am o.k. with both. This job is so much more than just flying the plane. I respect what ever choice a Capt gives me when flying a leg. I am there to support him and pamper our customers. The biggest problem I have seen on line with a few Capts. is not being standard or using the checklists fully. But, like I said very few and far between.

Porter, from your original post, you sound fantastic on paper and I am sure you are in person. Heck, from how you describe yourself, I am proud to have you as a fellow pilot in this company and I see we did a great job in selecting you. It is very hard to get through the hiring process and feel good that you did. A lot of people here who were hired way back when might not even stand a chance now...me included. Been here 2 years but, it has even gotten harder now. Just keep in mind that this is the top job in avaiation and we hire only the best pilots. Go out and enjoy the tours, one day you will be PIC and have all the pax legs you want...:)

Last edited:
I have flown with a lot of great capt here at NJ, but the most dangerous kind are the ones that do not listen when you voice your concern. Wether it is regulatory or SOP.

Porter,

Sorry about some of the issues you have had with the PICs here at NJA. Yes, there seem to be a couple more tools in our shed than at the airlines, but most of the guys here are great.

Here's why you might not be flying pax legs as much as you would like.

1.Back in the days, PIC flew passenger legs all the time, it was a rule. So if this guy is old school he might play by the old rules.

2. You still haven't told us what fleet you're in, but I heard some PIC is certain fleets, like the X, enjoy their ego a bit, and like flying the pax legs.

3. There are a number of guys here that used to fly either single pilot freight or some other type of single pilot job. I have flown with these guys before, and most do a great job and are a pleasure to fly with, but there are some who just can't seem to function in a two crew environment.

4. I'm going out on a limb on this one but....maybe some guys are uncomfortable with their own flying skills so they can't trust others with the "honor" of flying passengers.

5. If you are flying someone famous, some guys think it's cool to be the one at the controls.

That's it. All in all most the guys here are great guys and do a good job. Try to hang in there.

Come over to 400. I'll let you fly pax legs and fly from the throne (the left seat) ;)

I am a Gold Seal flight instructor (CFII, MEI) who is an expert on teaching and performing such "advanced" flying techniques as the "dreaded" crosswind landing. I have flown all over the country around some of the worst weather imaginable and had to make tough decisions. In other words, this is not my first rodeo.

Man, with those qualifications, I'd blow off NetJets and apply at NASA. They're allways looking for a good Shuttle commander......Wow, Gold Seal....Really? Man, words can't describe how proud of you I am and I don't even know you.....GOLD SEAL CFII, MEI.....Get Out! Very nice.

Man, with those qualifications, I'd blow off NetJets and apply at NASA. They're allways looking for a good Shuttle commander......Wow, Gold Seal....Really? Man, words can't describe how proud of you I am and I don't even know you.....GOLD SEAL CFII, MEI.....Get Out! Very nice.

You have to be platinum seal for Shuttle Commander. ;)

Coming up on 11 months and almost done with probation on the XL. Not ONCE have I had a captain do any of the things you say occur on a regular basis. We all fly with captains once in a while that leave a lot to be desired, but do you think maybe you should look at yourself honestly and ask why he/she doesn't let me fly pax legs. Not trying to start a fight, but you might wanna re-adjust your game plan if you ever plan on pounding one on with an audience other than your friend in the left seat:D

It is quite possibly a fleet-specific thing. I have also had only a very small number of captains on the Excel who wanted to fly all passenger legs, but I have been approached by someone in a different fleet who had also had nearly every captain only wanting him to fly empty legs.

Porter,

Not to detract from your original topic, but my money is betting you are in the 800xp (honeywell) or the 800/900xpc. Did I win??

As the old saying goes, if all you have to work with is a hammer, the whole world is a nail. Methinks he needs a few more clubs in his bag - maybe they will come with a few more ice cream seasons at NJA. But then again its not for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back