Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets' Captains need to get over themselves!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
just fueling the fire by posting this HERE......

Man up and post this same thing at the union board.

I would even venture to say, BEFORE it gets to the union boards.....talk it out with the Captains.....give them a chance to defend their decisions before you go running to the "principle's office."

In my past life I was a captain for 15 yrs. I never had to take a plane from anyone, or didnt let a guy fly. But those were the airline days, when you slammed it on and laughed about while not caring about the people in the back (you know what I mean). This is a different type of flying. The captain has more responsibilties at the fractionals than at the airlines. I am here to assist him. I usually have 10,000 hours more flight time, but I understand that he is the captain and its his a$$. I dont have a problem with that. Do I still like to fly? sure I do. Do I want to fly from the right seat? Not really. Can I fly from the right seat? sure, its just a little odd for me. Do I get upset if I dont fly during the tour? not at all. I am here to help the captain, go home, and get paid. The rest will take care of itself.

Ski,

The difference is that you are a professional Jet Pilot, and he is "a Gold Seal flight instructor (CFII, MEI) who is an expert on teaching and performing such "advanced" flying techniques as the "dreaded" crosswind landing." In time, and with experience, he will learn to appreciate the difference.

Porter,

At my company, SIC's may fly pax legs from the seat of their choice after they have been recommended for, and pass a 299 line check. It's a case by case deal, and it takes as long as it takes.

I have a hard time believing that every PIC you have flown with in 5 mo's is an SOB. Is it possible there is more to the story? I think a frank and nonemotional conversation outside the cockpit is needed. My guess is that you are being perceived differently than you see yourself. To be honest, your first post was a huge red flag.

It has been my observation that the best pilots I know are generally the most humble. They are never satisfied with their performance and continually strive to improve. I guarantee none have ever proclaimed themselves an expert. Take it for what it's worth, and consider what you paid for it.

Last edited:
Using pretty broad strokes Buckeye. Pre 2000 pilots account for less than 20% of the pilots on the property today. I would also venture to use broad strokes in describing post 2000 hires. Many if not most had military and/or legacy experience. Hardly the "undesireables" that you imply working at NJA/NJI.

How many of those pilots ever flew into uncontrolled airports? I never did. That group would probably be the most inclined to "err" within class G operations. But we have folks like you who can quote the written word and set us straight.

Last edited:
If you confronted me with this kind of rant I probably would not let you fly either. I understand what you are saying but I think you are go at it all wrong.

Maybe the Captains have seen something in your flying that they don't like. Ask them. "Hey is there something I have done wrong?" You m ay find if you confront them in a professional manner, they may just give you a chance.

Believe me, I know that there are Captains that are out there that think they are the next Chuck Yeager. My advice would be to play into their ego. "Hey man, what do I need to work on so I can fly more legs?"

For the record, if you walked onto my airplane with only a few months experience and I had not flown with you. I would not let you fly passengers either at first. Show me you can fly the airplane first then I'll let you embarrass yourself with passengers. ;)

You're right because I've never seen a captain at netjets make a Sh"""y landing!

Coming up on 11 months and almost done with probation on the XL. Not ONCE have I had a captain do any of the things you say occur on a regular basis. We all fly with captains once in a while that leave a lot to be desired, but do you think maybe you should look at yourself honestly and ask why he/she doesn't let me fly pax legs. Not trying to start a fight, but you might wanna re-adjust your game plan if you ever plan on pounding one on with an audience other than your friend in the left seat:D

I finished flight safety no too long ago, and I'm waiting on IOE myself. So, when I saw the title of this thread, it grabbed my attention. After reading the initial post a second time, I'm more inclined to feel that this is flame bait. I'm pretty confident that nobody hired this year (especially with as stiff as the competition is) would be complaining about this job in the least. Your profile doesn't even show you having an ATP or the plane you are typed in at NJ. Looking at your previous posts, you've never once discussed anything NetJets related, and you've been a member since atleast '06. If I am wrong, then dude, come on, you've got a good gig... and you've only been doing it five months.

Last edited:
I haven't seen the problem from either the right or left seat in the fleet I'm operating in. Within the restrictions of the F.O.M., the F/O gets every other leg.

I simply assume the other pilot can fly better than I can and I haven't been wrong yet.

All seriousness aside,the root cause of the situation you describe is usually a left-seater that is uncomfortable in the airplane, in command, or both.

PORTER = tool

I noticed that you have been with NJA less then a year, but on this site since 2005. I laughed at your ID name here, PORTER. A porter is one who carries and/or handles bags. So, you knew your place long before you even signed on with NJA.

Your first two paragraphs have a lot of possessive words, i.e. I'm and my. So, upon reading the rest of your rant; it appears you really have issues. Low selfesteem one would suspect.

It's funny how you rant here under an anonymous cloak for you to maneuver. Why not use the union message board? Maybe because your name will be out there for all to see; I don't know. If not there then why not use the Pro Stands group? Either of these resourses would serve your needs just fine. I don't think you have a pair to use the union message board due the the outcome. Your QOL on the road would hit a new low for ya. Take out your saber, charge ahead for the fight, but be prepared to fall on that same saber. Or start confronting the captains you fly with now, but stop the whine fest here. Time to get a pair and stand up for yourself.

Sounds like your in the Falcon fleet, but you don't say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back