Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets' Captains need to get over themselves!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's even worse when the junior guy checks you in at 0500 when your show time isn't until 1000. And then two days later, whines when you agree to help out scheduling by leaving the hotel a half hour early (at noon local after 18 hours of rest BTW) to recover a broken airplane with the pax waiting.

Last edited:
<<<< Last week I had a noon check in, but was checked in at 7am by the captain. >>>>

We have Stressberry "check-in" anomalies over here.....:rolleyes:

Was the captain the "original" captain as scheduled to operate with you, or was there another pilot (captain/SIC) involved? If we have a crew swap scheduled, but all crew members are "linked" to the same tail number, if any of "Crew A" check-in as "all crew," the Blackberry system sometimes doesn't differentiate between Crew A & Crew B, & checks in everyone! Clear as mud!! :confused:

I dont like when the captain checks me in when he doesnt even know who or where I am at. Last week I had a noon check in, but was checked in at 7am by the captain. Not that big of an issue, but why do it?
I got you beat..I woke my a%$ up at 5 AM the other day, only to find I had already been checked in by my capitan who was three states away.

The nerve of that guy..Jesus!;)

On the topic of hand flying...

Whether you're the PIC or SIC, fly every leg like you had Warren himself in the back. I love flying with guys I've never met before and have them fly the empty legs first. They fly it like an F-18 and then get pissed when I say no to them flying a pax leg. Why? Because I want to see you fly the airplane smoothly and efficiently before I hand over the controls. I had an SIC fly a live leg and he flew it just the way he did when it was empty... like crap! Ever since then, I tell them to fly every leg the same as the last.

Captain's that value their lives and chew gum, whistle, hum, belch, or any other annoying things into the mike, need to both stop and get over themselves.

I'm not kidding! You are driving us crazy.

P.S. drop a mint once in a while

They are talking about Dooker and Porter on Fox News!

Some guy wrote a book saying that the new breed of pilots can't make a decision like "Sully" because they are trained only to run automation.

I thought it was funny because somebody posted here that the F.O. would have made it all the way to the gate instead of putting it in the Hudson.

The interviewees point was that Sully had the ability to know the reality that he couldn't make it!

May all you young pilots live long enough to be in the position of the pilots you now condemn!

Porter, may you a$$ always fit in the seat!

(See, I'm a nice guy, that was a nice thing to say right?)

On the other side of the coin, I have flown with plenty of Captains that push the aircrafts published limitations on when the autopilot gets flipped on and off. So if we are going to discuss Capt. vs. FO actually flying the aircraft, remember there is always two sides to every story. Just because you are 58 (or 28) doesn't mean you are going to make the correct decision. Who is this "guy" by the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back