Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets' Captains need to get over themselves!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some guy wrote a book saying that the new breed of pilots can't make a decision like "Sully" because they are trained only to run automation.

I thought it was funny because somebody posted here that the F.O. would have made it all the way to the gate instead of putting it in the Hudson.

The interviewees point was that Sully had the ability to know the reality that he couldn't make it!

May all you young pilots live long enough to be in the position of the pilots you now condemn!

Porter, may you a$$ always fit in the seat!

(See, I'm a nice guy, that was a nice thing to say right?)

Had a younger guy been flying they wouldn't have run through the flock of birds. But do to delayed synaptic response times and poor eye sight of the "older gentlemen" in the left seat they ran right through them. Unfortunately, what was thought to be a very long runway, by the older gentlemen, turned out to be a river.

See, young guys can make up stories too.:p

All kidding aside, Capt. Sully did one hell of a job. A credit to our industry. If you ask me, what better time to retire than when your on top.

Wow Hiflyin really?

Had a younger guy been flying they wouldn't have run through the flock of birds.

Your yankin and bankin through flocks of birds in your Air Bus?

what was thought to be a very long runway, by the older gentlemen, turned out to be a river.

Well I don't care who you are, that's funny!!!!!

If you ask me, what better time to retire than when your on top.

You mean like all those where are they now actors?

When you have achieved financial independence comes to mind.

I guess in Sullys case he can hit the talk show circuits and make a bundle.

Yeah G-200, I haven't heard anything from "Porker", I mean "Porter" since her "literary debut" flopped!

Had a younger guy been flying they wouldn't have run through the flock of birds. But do to delayed synaptic response times and poor eye sight of the "older gentlemen" in the left seat they ran right through them. Unfortunately, what was thought to be a very long runway, by the older gentlemen, turned out to be a river.

See, young guys can make up stories too.:p

All kidding aside, Capt. Sully did one hell of a job. A credit to our industry. If you ask me, what better time to retire than when your on top.

You moron, the younger pilot WAS flying. Please read the reports before you embarrass yourself.

You moron, the younger pilot WAS flying. Please read the reports before you embarrass yourself.

I THINK YOU JUST EMBARRASSED YOURSELF SIR.

See the smiley face there in his post? Yeah,,,, that means he was joking. Now please step back and have a nice cold can of Ensure and STFU!

HEY PORTER!

Come on, come back. You started a thread with almost 400 replies (so far, more to come I'm sure) and over 17,000 views. That over 10% of all the ATPs in America! Think of that, more than 1 in 10 Captains at all the airlines, fractionals, put together have read your thread! And I'll bet it's over 9 in 10 Fractional Captains.

You're famous. So you got "outed" and you're a little embarrassed, but I think you should embrace it. This is your 15 minutes baby. Come back, post, and enjoy the ride.

gp

I THINK YOU JUST EMBARRASSED YOURSELF SIR.

See the smiley face there in his post? Yeah,,,, that means he was joking. Now please step back and have a nice cold can of Ensure and STFU!

Embarrassed myself on FI, that's a laugh.

Last edited:
Are you really sure about that. You might wanna read the reports on who took the controls after the bird strike.

Open mouth and insert VERY small stinky foot!

Are you really sure about that. You might wanna read the reports on who took the controls after the bird strike.

Open mouth and insert VERY small stinky foot!

My comment was directed at the bird strike. The SIC was flying at that time.
I didn't think hyflyin was being satirical. If he was I'm sorry for my comment to him. However, av8tr and G200, piss off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back