Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets' Captains need to get over themselves!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just let my FO fly and he did great! Had it been Mrs. Porter, I'd a taken a huge dump in the back and blamed it on the owner and made her clean it up...

while I was flying the airplane of course.

Is Mrs Potter the Gold CFI "expert in landings".

Doing my part to hit #600 :)

Is Mrs Potter the Gold CFI "expert in landings".

Doing my part to hit #600 :)

Wrong!

Ms. Potter is an expert in "the dreaded crosswind landing".

Just doing my part to help this along.

Hung

(My knees are knocking just thinking about it)

Last edited:
I still want to hear from Porter. She comes on here all full of piss and vinegar until....she's outed. Then not a peep. Not even the squeak of her Gold Seal rubbing against her leather bound logbook as she saunters by. Like she just up and disappeared like a fart in the wind. (Shawshank reference there)

Anyway. Common Porter! Stand up. Speak out. You obviously have an opinion. Don't run and hide like a coward just cause some here know who you are. If it was a valid enough opinion before you were "outed" then it's a valid enough opinion to stand in the sunshine and tell all who will listen.

Otherwise you were a coward to hide behind a your pretend name and throw stones at real pilots employed by a real company that, oh by the way, pays your F'ING RENT!!!!!!

I'm sure male pilots do the same chicken $hit thing but I can't think of any right now.

Deep breath in...deep breath out...

Okay, either get on here and say what a coward you were and apologize or...(I would prefer option #2) Stand behind your viewpoint and be damned if people disagree.

PS If you go with #2 then I'd leave out the Gold Seal references...

Last edited:
I still wanna know who this Porter is...so I can laugh at her as a totally awesome captain like Fisch and have my awesomeness drown her.

549 and continuing onward!!!

Coming from an airline background the whole things sounds strange to me, I always let new FO's fly unless things were particularly hairy and even then I could select which legs I flew and which legs they flew. If the guys in the training department said they were qualified and they got through OE that's good enough for me; I didn't expect perfection from someone brand new and I was more than willing to help them if they needed it but I wanted them to fly and get experience so if something happened to me the passenegers would get to the ground in one piece. Different culture I guess; a CA who doesn't want the FO to fly is probably insecure and a somewhat uptight, weak pilot anyway. There are so many former airline guys at NJ that I'm surprised this sort of thing happens.

On the other hand, if I had to start over at a place like NJ I wouldn't take it personally. If you have substantial CA experience then you know what it's like to fly a plane and you know how to do it. If the other guy wants to do all the flying so be it, it doesn't hurt my ego and the paycheck still gets cashed either way. My advice would be to go to work, do your job well, and when the job is done go home, cash the check and forget about it. If the company wants to pay you to read checkilists and talk on the radio who cares? Be sure to remember to say "excellent landing Sir (or Mam)" and just let it go; life's too short to worry about stuff like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back