Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets' Captains need to get over themselves!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Porter, you are an idiot. How do I know that, because you came on this website to complain. By your own account you are a wonderful pilot and a gift to any cockpit and should have no problem getting a job elsewhere.... so leave. Flying with someone like you for 7 days is such fun.:rolleyes: Get over yourself.

Waco

No sheet..being one of those guys thats been here less than a year, I find porter too be a total maroon. I have busted my rear to show my CA's that I am no porter type. Work hard, have a good attitude and show our pax the best customer service. Expect nothing and you wont be disappointed..if you do indeed work here!

Ha! I figured you'd be lurking in this thread somewhere.

Back to work junior!

Are you a super pilot?

Porter, you are an idiot. How do I know that, because you came on this website to complain. By your own account you are a wonderful pilot and a gift to any cockpit and should have no problem getting a job elsewhere.... so leave. Flying with someone like you for 7 days is such fun.:rolleyes: Get over yourself.

Waco

While the Porter post is over the top, Who cares about your resume! He brings up ligit concerns with pilots who fly all pax legs. We now fly pax 83% of the time. By not spliting the legs it could create a potentially hostile cockpit. Maybe the fo will just let you screw up because he thinks you're an a hole.

Do what you want on the road, just food for thought.

So let me get this straight Superfly,

By not spliting the legs it could create a potentially hostile cockpit

If you don't get your way your gonna become hostile?

There is no safety issue taking place accept that you aren't getting your way as SIC?

WTF is going on around here???????

Throught my career thus far it has always been the same thing. When I was an FO, I had to earn the CPT trust before I could fly the pax. When I was CPT, I made damn sure the FO was not going to fly like a 12 cargo pilot playing an arcade game (jerking the airplane around the sky).

Here is the bottom line in my eyes. If you (FO) don't think you are getting enough legs. Speak up.....grow a set. Stop pissing and moaning about it to message boards.

Personally, I am sick of people thinking the world owes them something because they "did this, or did that." What happened to earning your way. Gaining respect from your colleages. Stop complaining that "Captain Flyitall" is not giving you any legs...speak up. Stop complaining that " they owe me a call back.".....make the call happen for you because the truth is they don't owe you sh!t.

I am only in my lower 30's and I think my generation has a lot to learn about what it is "owed" in life.

<<<< I reject your view point wholly as it the perspective an Englishmen. Your country is backward and therefore no reasonable opinion could be expected to come forth. Your horse races are even run in a clockwise direction, thus proving how backward English thinking is.>>>>

Oomph - unfair!! You'll hit me with the Boston Tea Party next...... :eek:

Still, at least we drive on the proper side of the road & have cars that don't use a super-tanker's load of fuel to get the parking lot at the Mall! :rolleyes: And before you retaliate, note that Mr Ford's first decent car had the steering wheel in the middle!!

RM - all noted, but I was also basing my viewpoint on some of the less subtle & informed replies! Maybe I got hooked by the trolls!! :D

Obviously Mike your not a Top Gear fan!

As an RJ CA outsider, I can see there is a a culture difference between the airlines and the frax. Perhaps because some CA's in the corp and 135 world who come to the frax were taught to have more caution in permitting new FO's to fly live legs.

Come to the regionals and you could fly (and land) half the flights, up to 86 people, a larger airplane, and for 1/2 of what you make now! Just a little fun comparison.

Seriously, this thread is 12 pages long because you're airing your dirty laudry here and NJ pilots are protecting their turf and repuptation. You could've posted on NJ's pilot board but as a probie you're being cautious - you've got a reputation to think about as well. The PIC advocates have piled it on a little excessively.

CA's should let you fly half the legs (IMO). If they don't, tough. But you should ask them why if it bugs the crap out of you.

If it's in NJ's ops manual that the CA and FO should swap legs, but your experience hasn't been that, well, that's unfortunate.

A long time ago, when a person could win a bid to upgrade sometimes within 6 months on the property -- The ops manual specified PIC flying pax from left seat and sic's flying the other legs to the maximum extent possible from the left seat....

Why? Because they wanted them to have left seat time for the soon to come upgrade.

Many people just stuck with the way things were done in the past .. but the reason no longer exists.

I don't think there are a bunch of pr*cks out there trying to cheat people out of stick time. Whenever I have offered the pax legs people have almost always said they preferred left seat to pax flying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back